we are thinkimg of letting our house for holiday lets next year for up to 12 weeks. What is the procedure for home/contents/building'liability insurance do you add it to your standard policy or take out a separate policy?

we let our main home out for 10 weeks, (we move out), our insurance just added it on cost about another 20€

We asked our existing insurer to arrange the cover. We use Allianz in Eymet.

I realise that Chris I was however wondering what other people were doing assuming that this type of letting I’d common amongst expats here.

I would suggest that you contact your insurer for advice and cover. They are the only people who will be able to tell you whether you can get cover from them or need to go somewhere else. As with any insurance question, ask in writing and insist in an answer in writing.