Is honesty dead?

“Fessebook” gets approx 24,000 hits on google - that’s an awful lot of infantile, petty froggies ! I think you have to accept it’s gone mainstream.

1 Like

Looking for a fight. That takes me back to my schooldays. Nice.

Fight, fight, fight. Sorry thought I was back at school there for a minute.:grinning:

1 Like

Something being mainstream doesn’t give it credibility.

Acceptability?
Perchance to dream perhaps.
Sharing those baby photos in the hope that every one will
send back memos of adoration for the pin up.
Do we all not like to be loved…or at least liked.
That is a big factor of the facebook culture.
Is it part of the SF participation too.
If you are being honest?

Personally I’m not bothered if people like or dislike me and that goes for friends as well as family in fact I would rather people be honest than pretend to like me. On my wife’s side of the family mistakes people have made are not discussed or talked about but hidden to ensure the halo is always in place, drives me mad.

1 Like

Hummmmm that’s what people who do care always say. Honesty is one thing but people going out of their way to offend, insult, belittle or hurt - well that’s entirely a different matter. It reminds me of someone in my family who always says ’ well if people don’t like what I’ve got to say - that’s too bad, better out than in, water under the bridge, they need to move on…’ etc. The problem is, it’s hard to undo the unnecessary (and sometimes vindictive) hurt than can be caused by that type of attitude.

1 Like

I agree with what you are saying about family and some times it is better to
keep away.

Yes it is hard to undo the hurt and some times you have to close the door
and say goodbye.

1 Like

I thought ‘better out than in’ was a term used when describing one’s need to break wind.

1 Like

As my dear old grannie used to say … "wherever you be let your wind break free, be it church or chapel let it rattle’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

‘How dare you break wind in front of my wife!’, ‘sorry I didn’t know it was her turn’.

3 Likes

,for the pinch of a fart was the death of me

is the ending I hear from my Dad but Google also has other endings and variations
:slight_smile:

Well there we are Ray, that’s something I learnt today, I didn’t know there were more words, wonder if grannie did ?:innocent:

Let the wind blow free where’er it be - for it were the wind that killeth me…

Having read a number of posts on a variety of forums in the last couple of days it’s pretty obvious that honesty is dead in large parts of the British expat community in France. Not only are people willing to lie, break the law and commit fraud but they seem to believe that bragging about their behaviour online is completely acceptable as well. What an advert for the Brit abroad.

1 Like

Fakebook

I don’t know how many of you do use Facebook, but the OP (opening post) has appeared on Facebook regularly. It isn’t original. It’s just meant to be a joke, so everyone is either taking it far too seriously, or the OP posted it to provoke a reaction. It seems to have worked…

1 Like

I’m all over facebook and ive never seen it before, please do link me some examples.

I know I shared it all over around 15 groups when mark posted it. found it original and exact.

As I said jacky please do post some examples of how its a joke and how its not original. (dated stuff would be ideal.)