Is honesty dead?

Regardless of why it was posted and where else it’s appeared, I think on balance it’s been a good discussion on here. Wherever it’s posted it will get a different bunch of people swapping thoughts and opinions, taking on board other views and maybe slightly changing their own perspective, and enjoying a bit of banter and camaraderie. Which are some of the main reasons people use forums, innit?

yes a bit of banter with strangers and hopefully every one places nice.

My Facebook posts are mostly limited to giving advice to those who ask, on a subject I have intimate knowledge of. I have been known to question some posts who make claims that I cannot reconcile, such as those who claim to be garagistes but have no siret number, or use a number which refers to a completely different trade (misrepresentation?).
I wonder what reaction I would get if I were to advertise myself as a dentist quoting my siret number? Because few people check further I might get away with it for a little while…
I have not posted personal info on Facebook for years but some “friends” post stuff a few times a day! Many of these are photos of pets, requests to look for a mugger in Basingstoke & a plate of food in Lanzarote. Others are re posts from political groups whose views I personally do not share or wish to see but unless I unfriend these people they will appear. I don’t want to unfriend someone just because they have a different view on things so I will put up with it.
At least on this forum I expect others to have a different view - that is why it is a discussion forum. Nobody is forced to take part.

1 Like

can I book an appointment I need a tooth extracting?

Mark, on Facebook you can block posts without unfriending the poster. With shared posts that is particularly straightforward, you block all posts from the original source not your friend who shared it.

I’ll degrease the Molegrips!

Thanks, David, I’ll try to do that.

Just sent you a friend request David ! :wink:

2 Likes

… and rinse.
havoline-motor-oil

1 Like

It may be my turn to apologise because I’m probably replying to the wrong post…! Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

tasty. ill call you later to book in, can I ask how long is the waiting list? I really anted to tag you in the Gers page this am for someone looking for a dentist lol