Italy v England

Burning question: who will Scottish footie fans be cheering for on Sunday,…and what will be the score?

Forza Italia!

4 Likes

Scotland fans will cheer any opponents of England, but they don’t like it the other way round

2 Likes

who give a shit?

3 Likes

Given the blanket UK tv coverage there are a lot in the the uk who do, but obviously not this F1 fan!
Must say the hype does turn me off …after all its only a game of footie!

I think it is likely I will have to !

(letter received today now I am 50)

2 Likes

What a lovely birthday present @Mat_Davies :rofl:

See Johnson has already jumped on the teams success (so far), it’s the nasty jingoism around national teams that I find distasteful, and its not just in the UK.
Next stop the 1930’s ?

1 Like

Good that you are being looked after.

1 Like

The only thing that makes me want England to win is to lay the black cloud over on Gareth Southgate’s shoulders.
For so long his name has been acquainted with his missed penalty and it would be nice if it was for something positive instead.
He is so different from the usual run of England Managers, always smart and polite.

4 Likes

Maybe another knighthood for just doing their job :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Agree totally that Southgate deserves this win.

Just not sure the country does.

3 Likes

For the record; he didn’t miss, his shot at goal was saved.

2 Likes

Not a great penalty though - with the power it was struck with I think I could have saved it!

1 Like

6 Likes

It would be just too much if an Italian wins Wimbledon and the Italian team win the football.

To be followed by a Ferrari win (driven by a French man) at Silverstone next week.

(Although, to be honest, that is very unlikely…)

2 Likes

who might that be :thinking:
If you are thinking of LeClerc he is Monégasque :wink:
and Carlos is Spanish…

RE " Supporters Map" …good job Brexit happened, got rid of all those nasty English disliking foreign Europeans …joke on my part. , …but I think undoubtably will be the sentiments of a lot of “leavers”.

Ah yeah, but he probably honed his skills on French roads & motorways :slightly_smiling_face:, they have carte blanche to drive like maniacs on French roads, in total impunity as the Monaco authorities refuse to cooperate with the French ones to identify the culprits, although it’s changing apparently after the French put pressure on Monaco, especially for the most outrageous offenders (often repeat offenders doing up to 200 miles/hr on French motorways). 100,000 unpaid fines courtesy of Monaco-registered cars in 2018…

[Les conducteurs monégasques vont bientôt payer des amendes pour les infractions commises en France

[…]

En tout 100.000 infractions ont été commises sur le territoire français par des conducteurs monégasques en 2018, alors que la principauté de Monaco ne compte que 30.000 véhicules.](Les conducteurs monégasques vont bientôt payer des amendes pour les infractions commises en France - France Bleu)