Jack Shepherd. Is he guilty?

Absolutely Stella. I remember hearing a story, probably apocryphal, on a trip to Saudi where a taxi killed someone and the passenger was prosecuted because if he hadn’t hired the taxi then it wouldn’t have been where it was.

Interesting he has had access to the Home Office though, isn’t it? Interesting that there’s so much publicity and interesting that the BBC is calling him a “killer”. She was driving, if he had drowned she’s be the one in the dock. It is iffy IMO.

I think you overestimate the influence some people have

1 Like

Sorry, was that to me Nellie? I don’t think he’s any real influence but I do think he knows the buttons to press. I can understand the pain and anguish of loosing a daughter but I also think putting 100% of the blame on Shepherd is unfair. It all looks somewhat disproportionate to me.

1 Like

That can work the other way. A taxi driver stopped on a double yellow line to let a passenger out. The passenger door hit my dil’s car as she was in a line of traffic. The insurance company accepted the taxi drivers argument that it was partly the passengers fault although he was parked illegally. Subsequently they did a 50/50 deal which pushed up dil’s premium. Personally I would have argued the point but she’s not as scrappy as me.

Hi Dermot…

Please would you upload a photo to your Registration page, rather than just using the somewhat impersonal “letter”…

This is a helpful, friendly forum… which we hope you will enjoy using.

Simply click on “preferences” on your page… and scroll down…

Innocent people rarely skip bail and go into hiding, you also fail to mention that witness have said he was driving the boat at the time of the crash, Also evidenced in court were the following "the boat’s lifejackets had been tucked away, the kill cord was not connected and the boat had a number of defects including faulty steering. The prosecutor, Aftab Jafferjee QC, told the court it was “sheer madness” to take the boat out that night… but who cares about facts eh.

2 Likes

I thought this might help in advancing the cause of member mugshots. It’s very contemporaneous and shows me in my just-got-up-and-ready-for-the day-ahead mode.

Friendly, switched-on, mellow and very SFN, I would say. More to follow…

3 Likes

Hi Mike…

This subject will run and run… hopefully, it will all the conflicting reports will be sorted out at the Trial…

Meanwhile, could you upload a photo instead of using a “letter”…please…

Ha ha… Peter…

Your existing mugshot is very apt for today’s weather

… but it is nice to catch sight of “the man behind the muffler”… :hugs:

2 Likes

Stealla, please don’t suggest that we ALL put up mugshots of our early morning selves :scream::rofl:

5 Likes

Gracious… that’s a thought… a time of day photo… to match the time of day posts…

Mmmm… no… I think not… but… mmm… you got my brain cells whirring for a nano-second… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have previously given you other glimpses of the man-in-the-acrylic-scarf, man-with-the-bottle-brushes-and-brewer’s-apron… :scream:, I think I’ve had more “exposure” than any other SFN type…
:grimacing:, all in the spirit of togetherness, authenticity and full-blooded narcissism I reckon :joy::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Mmmm… yes, thanks Peter… I don’t think we need any more exposure… from you at any rate… you have been most generous… :relaxed::wink:

2 Likes

Too late, too late, Stella… I feel a heady rush of vernal (that’s an adjective qualifying spring, the season of lambs, daffodils etc. nothing to do with STDs) exhibitionistic gaiety coming on… :stuck_out_tongue::hatching_chick:

I thought it was only swinging and dating websites that wanted photos! :joy:. (so a friend tells me).

3 Likes

How do you know that Mat, from experience or … ? :wink::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think some of you have got wintry-weather-wobbles… when the brain goes into some sort of spasm and chaos/confusion comes forth… :roll_eyes: :thinking::hugs::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Ann - I have edited it to ensure that nobody is in any doubt whatsoever in the traditional method of covering ones true motives!

2 Likes

I recently saw this and thought of you Peter - However l don’t see why it is called a ‘disorder’ more like a personality trait and not Narcissistic as you describe yourself.
A mnemonic that can be used to remember the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder is shortened as “PRAISE ME”:[9][10]

• P rovocative (or seductive) behavior
  • R elationships are considered more intimate than they actually are
  • A ttention-seeking
  • I nfluenced easily by others or circumstances
  • S peech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail
  • E motional lability; shallowness
  • M ake-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self
  • E xaggerated emotions; theatrical