Jeremy Hunt in my home town today

Look at him! All casual and pretending to be like the locals.

1 Like

Wow -it all happens on Canvey !! :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Got a milkshake?

1 Like

Sadly, he’s been and gone. My brother saw him in the town centre (he’s a taxi driver - my brother not JH!!) and he was discreetly surrounded by lots of big burly protection officers and was whisked away in a convoy of four 4x4’s. They seem to be taking no chances!

Well, I suppose he is the Foreign Secretary :rofl:

2 Likes

He could have come to France to meet some expat Tory members, which I suspect may be quite a few.

1 Like

if any :astonished:

1 Like

I’ve met a few here…makes me feel unclean

2 Likes

Bob, so what makes you feel clean?

More foreign than secretary

Mandy, you didnt miss much i am sure.

1 Like

Not being around ex-pat Tories, who are nostalgic for the days of empire; but have decided to live on the continent, in any case, despite their fear / distrust of Johnny Foreigner

2 Likes

He’s a busy man and even had time to answer questions from Joe Public but,

During a phone-in on BBC Radio 2’s Jeremy Vine Show, Mr Hunt agreed with a caller who said the EU was “treating us like dirt”, adding: “I don’t think they’ve shown respect for us at all.”

They just don’t get it…

6 Likes

Many ex Tory voters, there is a difference.

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

I suspect the expat who I saw kick a café owners dog is probably a Tory voter.

1 Like

I wonder what weighty considerations led to the choice of Canvey Island for his hustings walk-about, and wish I’d been a fly on the wall when he was briefed on how to comport himself if he was heckled by an islander.

Any thoughts on that Mandy? :thinking::smiley:

Very Important People - live on Canvey Island :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Naming no names, of course. And a Très Important Chat or Chat Très Important. :hugs:

And let’s face it ,a lot of MPs are unaware that there is life north of Watford

2 Likes