John Bercow: PM's plan to prorogue parliament is a 'constitutional outrage'

1 Like

Bit of a catch-22 in that parliament has to be sitting to consider the result of the petition - which will be ignored, like all other petitions.

1 Like

I’ve learnt a new word today…:thinking:

2 Likes

The is disgusting, I am appalled.

In the name of democracy, really? this is absolute bullshit - I am furious.

3 Likes

Me too :angry:

1 Like

I’ve signed the petition but as the current government makes Mugabe look like Mother Teresa I think we should really be petitioning the Queen as head of state and the only person of any importance/influence who is still respected.

Wasn’t this always a possibility though? BJ has one shot at Brexit so you’ve got to expect he’ll do whatever he can to make it happen.

HMQ is pretty much constrained to do what the government tells her.

She is supposed to give her pm advice and it’s time she did so.

2 Likes

But the PM is at liberty to ignore that advice and I very much doubt that Johnson will give two figs for her thoughts.

It would be a spectacular move though, if she said “no” to suspending Parliament.

She should go for it at her age.

1 Like

Queenie should ‘throw a sickie’, after all who could argue she’s not ill given her age, Boris is enough to make anyone sick LOL

1 Like

Johnson knows the Queen can’t do anything other than agree, to be fair to Liz she’s just a figurehead which is what the public want is it not?

From the Latin, prorogare = to defer, to prolong.

Now you are as clever as this dick. :joy:

Bet Boris knew that.

Corbyn requesting urgent audience.

Guy Verhofstadt…

“Taking back control’ has never looked so sinister,”

2 Likes

Signed the petition earlier today. The numbers are rocketing…

Indeed but Her Majesty has already signed the order.

1 Like

Shame she didn’t show as much interest in the welfare of her subjects under her government’s “Austerity” regime.

Remind me again WTF it is she does

3 Likes