Juniper Horizontalis

Hi

Moved into new home about two years ago in Lauzun on the Lot et Garonne/dordogne border. The back garden is very large and grass is terrible. We have cut down lots of dead trees. I am looking therefore to get some different species of Juniper Horizontalis for gound cover.
Can anyone tell me where I can get these locally at a good pepiniere or online and if I have to wait for a particular time of year to plant.

Many thanks

If in doubt, ask at your local garden centre…even if they do not carry the plants you want, they will be able to give you advice about where to find them…and (possibly) also tell you the best time to plant… :blush:

Thanks Stella

I’ve seen this plant, it was years ago…(well, I presume it is this plant) growing down a slope, instead of lawn… looked impressive.

It was somewhere near Limoges so obviously grows well in their climate…:relaxed::relaxed:

If you buy it in a pot you can plant at any time of year (watering as necessary if v hot\dry). If it’s bare rooted then can only plant in dormant season, October-November to February-march.

And if no garden centre near you has them there are many online suppliers

https://www.jardindupicvert.com/?query=juniperis&idx=jpv_dev&p=0#

Thank s very much. Will try the website you sent.