Keys in hand

So here we are, keys in hand and the house is now ours, let the clearing out begin and the hard work start.

7 Likes

Congratulations and good luck. I was never in that position. :frowning: My house didn’t have keys until I put in doors.

7 Likes

Congratulations! I hope you are very happy in your new home.

1 Like

Great news… no slacking then, no time to waste enjoying yourselves… well, perhaps, just a little… :upside_down_face::relaxed::wink:

Seriously, good luck… and let’s see some photos… :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Congratulations.

But we want to know more - what’s the place like - photos please!!

2 Likes

Let’s just say it has mains water and electric (although electric needs to be reconnected) but the roof is water tight

4 Likes

Brilliant! Well done and enjoy the adventure!!

1 Like

Huge Congratulations to you both…! x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, looks like you’re going to have fun!!

1 Like

Good Luck Both, hope it works out as well as it has for me
Btw, this was worse than yours, roll the sleeves up, All the Best :+1:

1 Like

Have fun!

1 Like

Congratulations, the start of a great adventure. At least you have working electricity and a ‘dry roof’ :wink:
The first house we bought in France had been empty for 50 years and used by the ‘family’ as a dump for all their unwanted items. Old clothes, matresses, oil drums, barbed wire etc; we knew ( a little) what would be facing us and had a lot of hard work just clearing out and cleaning a space to put down a blow up matress. Lived with candles and camping gas (and no furniture) for a while, no washing machine for a year, no bathroom for almost the same time. What an exciting time though, and what a sense of acheivement too when we had made ‘our space’.
Live your dream, enjoy life but above all make some you time too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Truly inspirational stuff, @AnnCoe, and from other contributors too. Makes me wish we could start all over again, or perhaps not… :scream::grin:

Good luck and good health to the doughty newcomers, soyez les bienvenues !

1 Like

Two years later I’ve still got the blow up bed…love it…really comfy…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

The good old days.

They still come to visit whenever possible 22 years on. Two out of the three are coming before the end of the month, the third after he returns from Australia in August.

PS The same ladder, wheelbarrow and toilet were used today.

8 Likes

Looks very like ours Dave, it was a cowshed, your ladder’s a bit posh, ours was knocked together with bits of ancient, wormy wood, hard to imagine those kids now, late twenties, where does the time go :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bloody Luxury! Our shoe box int middle of road, was we poor, but we was happy

2 Likes

I’d love to see the photos.

Wow, must have been hard with 3 young children to think of as well !
Hope that the toilet isn’t still behind your ladder though David ! :grin:
Enjoy your time with the family when they arrive, hope the sun shines for you all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ours gave up the ghost, too many nights on chipped clay tiles didn’t help. We bought an old second hand sofa bed, it was bliss to be off the floor and away from the rats and spiders …:rat::rat::spider::spider::spider::spider_web::spider_web:

2 Likes