Kitchen equipment

(Catharine Higginson) #1

Anyone got any online recommendations please?

Lakeland plastics are currently off line and their delivery charges irritate me in any case. I need a heavy duty oven glove, plastic (?) egg transporting containers, various large plastic containers and other interesting items!

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

(Suzanne Fitzgerald) #2

Hi Catharine
If you want stuff from lakeland you can get it delivered to me if you want & I can forward it on using Parcels Please or someone like that (for about £12) instead of the Lakeland pricing policy which is stupid as it penalises you for spending more. I think I might actually have a word with them and ask why they use this method.
Suz

(Fiona McClay) #3

I’m flying in to Bergerac on the 9th for a week if you need anything that’s small enough to travel as hand luggage.I could post it when I land

(Stuart Wilson) #4

Oh Fiona, you’re making me homesick at the mention of Windermere, such a lovely place. We were less than 30 mins from Polley Bridge on Ullswater.

(Catharine Higginson) #5

PS have you ever checked out the sex toys in the Foire Fouille…

(Catharine Higginson) #6

@ Fiona - that is such a sweet offer - thanks! May well get back to you…

@ Jude - thanks for the link - never heard of them so fab thanks. I love networking!

@ Steve - sadly no…

@ Tracey, Vivien and Sarah - excellent advice - ta! I know of all of them but just too puddled to think about them so thanks for the reminder. Will go check out and report back…

xx

(Fiona McClay) #7

If there’s anything you can only find fron Lakeland,I’d be happy to nip to their main store in Windermere and post it to you :slight_smile:

(Jude Crouch) #8

We used Nisbets online when in the UK and there is French site www.nisbets.fr - it’s a catering site but they do all many of things. Unless ordering above a certain amount (sorry can’t remember the figure) there are delivery charges. Well you can take a look, sorry if it’s not what you’re looking for.

(Sarah Beattie) #9

Ebay.co.uk is extremely useful for kitchen equipment - including all sorts of packaging if you can’t find what you need locally. You never know what might be lurking in Foire Fouille - the first time I went I thought it was complete rubbish and vowed never to go back but, accompanying someone else I found some quite useful (and inexpensive) bits and odds as as my friend from the Var always calls them.

(Steve YATES 2) #10

Have you got an IKEA near you ?

(Vivien Barrow Clegnac) #11

Amazon UK have a really good range of kitchen equipment and it works out cheaper than Amazon France even with the postage. I bought a ‘Brabantia’ bin from them for half the price advertised on the French site!
Happy shopping!

(Tracey Robshaw 2) #12

Hi Catherine, we have just recently purchased plastic oven gloves & brill plastic containers, very reasonably priced from GIFI,not sure if you have a store near you, well worth a look, not on line though,Have a great day