Kitchen equipment

Anyone got any online recommendations please?

Lakeland plastics are currently off line and their delivery charges irritate me in any case. I need a heavy duty oven glove, plastic (?) egg transporting containers, various large plastic containers and other interesting items!

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

Hi Catharine
If you want stuff from lakeland you can get it delivered to me if you want & I can forward it on using Parcels Please or someone like that (for about £12) instead of the Lakeland pricing policy which is stupid as it penalises you for spending more. I think I might actually have a word with them and ask why they use this method.
Suz

I’m flying in to Bergerac on the 9th for a week if you need anything that’s small enough to travel as hand luggage.I could post it when I land

Oh Fiona, you’re making me homesick at the mention of Windermere, such a lovely place. We were less than 30 mins from Polley Bridge on Ullswater.

PS have you ever checked out the sex toys in the Foire Fouille…

@ Fiona - that is such a sweet offer - thanks! May well get back to you…

@ Jude - thanks for the link - never heard of them so fab thanks. I love networking!

@ Steve - sadly no…

@ Tracey, Vivien and Sarah - excellent advice - ta! I know of all of them but just too puddled to think about them so thanks for the reminder. Will go check out and report back…

xx

If there’s anything you can only find fron Lakeland,I’d be happy to nip to their main store in Windermere and post it to you :slight_smile:

We used Nisbets online when in the UK and there is French site www.nisbets.fr - it’s a catering site but they do all many of things. Unless ordering above a certain amount (sorry can’t remember the figure) there are delivery charges. Well you can take a look, sorry if it’s not what you’re looking for.

Ebay.co.uk is extremely useful for kitchen equipment - including all sorts of packaging if you can’t find what you need locally. You never know what might be lurking in Foire Fouille - the first time I went I thought it was complete rubbish and vowed never to go back but, accompanying someone else I found some quite useful (and inexpensive) bits and odds as as my friend from the Var always calls them.

Have you got an IKEA near you ?

Amazon UK have a really good range of kitchen equipment and it works out cheaper than Amazon France even with the postage. I bought a ‘Brabantia’ bin from them for half the price advertised on the French site!
Happy shopping!

Hi Catherine, we have just recently purchased plastic oven gloves & brill plastic containers, very reasonably priced from GIFI,not sure if you have a store near you, well worth a look, not on line though,Have a great day