La Dune du Pilat 2018 - 2022

I’ve climbed up the Dune on a few occasions… phew…lovely feeling the sand under my feet…

Had no idea that further down…there were fossilized remains of ancient forests…thousands of years old… :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the article Stella, some stunning images there. I last saw and climbed this 10 years ago so I reckon i’m due another visit . Mind you, I might find it harder going now :wink:

Last time we went… a few years ago… it was with a mixed group… some made it up the dune… some preferred/needed to stay down below… but is it always great fun there.

Resurrecting an old thread…
It’s 2022 and there’s change afoot for the Dune du Pilat

I can’t get into the article… anyone know a bit more… I think the State is looking to buy all the properties around it and “save the site for the nation”… ???

Seems it’s the breeding season… perhaps they’re too worn out to successfully fight the tides. :sob:

@Stella would you agree this might be best re classed under the new Ecology Category rather than General?

1 Like

Absolutely, @graham
I did find Ecology and almost posted today’s news therein, but was offered this “older thread”… :roll_eyes:

Cheers (I’ve now changed the category of this entire thread… )

1 Like