La Grande Ourse

Never seen It, in 10yrs here, as brilliant as it is tonight, sky full of stars, really beautiful :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks for that Bill. I just got up to have a look. We have half and half cloud but the clear bit is stunning

1 Like

Amazing here Nellie, just Wof Redon :grin:

No light pollution at all here in rural central France. The skies are stunning and I often wander out at 3 am just to gaze in awe . :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

I saw beautiful night skys when I was in the Merch’ Navy Ann, but none to match the ones I saw from my own boat in mid Atlantic, with not even the big boats own lights producing back light, hard to believe, but stars, right down to the horizon, not just above, these are some of the glorious memories, I will take to the grave :hearts:

A day late… but the sky is beautiful… and I watched the Space Station pass. I wonder what the night sky looks like to those folk up there… :upside_down_face::relaxed:

1 Like

Sorry to go on Stella, but without light pollution, it’s amazing how many satellites are visible, whizzing about up there :slightly_smiling_face:

I never tire of talking about the night sky… or looking at it… so keep going-on Bill, it’s OK with me… :relaxed:

1 Like

Spent many happy hours lying on my back, in the dinghy, on the stern deck of my boat gazing up at the night sky! :slightly_smiling_face:

Years ago, my brother told me to put a deckchair as flat as possible, in the darkest part of the garden (UK) and then lie back, gaze up… and enjoy … :relaxed:

I thought it was amazing back then, but here… well, it is almost out of this world… …:relaxed:

1 Like

We have light from a couple of villages quite close by, but Babeth similarly, on a lounger, often enjoys the night sky here too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When we first bought our house the Hale Bopp comet was clearly visible in the sky. The first time we visited and it wasn’t there my youngest son looked up and declared, It’s gone!

1 Like

Had ‘Hale Bopp’ on the bow, every night, going West on an Atlantic crossing Dave, wonderful :hugs: