La Nouvelle Assemblée Nationale & Gouvernement 2022

It’s only my opinion (others are free to disagree, but I won’t be debating) and I’m just hoping he doesn’t let me down… time will tell. :wink:

It’s 4th July… Happy Apple-Pie Day.

This link will be updating throughout the day… waiting to see the makeup of the new French Government …

The day we arrived in France - stressed. exhausted, two dogs squeezed in the back of the estate between all the stuff that didn’t get in the huge removals van that we wouldn’t see for another 24 hours. Roasting hot, air conditioning going full blast. Traffic jam round Paris and a smell of ammonia and a whimper told us Smudge had had an accident and we couldn’t do anything about it. Meeting at the notaire that lasted for hours, most of the conversation we didn’t understand. Somehow, we bought a house and a cottage and 15 years later we’re still here. :grinning:

5 Likes

The New List… is in these links … take your pick and just scroll on down…

Hi Sue, you brought back memories for me… Not of July 4th though. We left the UK definitively and travelled here at the end of a hot August, excited, with the estate car packed to the brim. Like you, our removals van would arrive a few days later. On top of the blanket covering our ‘stuff’ was one small cat, inherited (rescued) from our UK neighbour. He was stressed and mewling for most of the journey. Traffic jams round Paris of course. No major accidents cat-wise but he was desperate to get into the driver’s foot well which did pose problems. We put him on a lead - what a humiliation - because we were worried about him escaping when we stopped. But we made it. Our arrival was topped off by our super kind neighbour who popped round with a bottle of wine to welcome us.

2 Likes

The Prime Minister’s Address… three views of the same thing… take your pick

and the English language version

Phew, the government won the vote…now perhaps they can on with the business…