La poste too

Not just Amazon, had an email from La Poste too…

Madame, Monsieur,

Nous vous informons que toute déclaration en douane doit dorénavant être faite en ligne pour ne pas s´exposer à un blocage en douane de vos marchandises. Vous pouvez accéder au formulaire de déclaration douanière via ce lien : www.laposte.fr/formulaire-douane

Vous êtes tenus d´effectuer ces formalités pour vos envois hors Union européenne mais aussi vers la Grande Bretagne et l´Irlande du Nord à compter du 1er janvier 2021.

Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.

Who are they addressing these to?? surely not all of France ???

I went into post office yesterday to get some pochettes to send stuff to UK, and when she gave me the forms she said she wouldn’t be able to do so after 1st Jan but I would have to do them online.

Welcome to 3rd country status…

(And same email then popped up in my laposte account. )

1 Like

Is that a problem?
Surely we have to fill in a customs declaration now when we take stuff in to the PO?
Even with the stamps I buy online if the weight is over 20gm there is a box to tick saying what is the nature of the contents.

No, not at all. Merely the need to remember to do so before making the journey to the post office. She was being nice in pointing out she could no longer give me the normal forms, which have been in use for ages.

I think the declarations are all in a bit of flux anyway. We sent a parcel off to mydaughter to Oz using the traditional form but were told we needed to do an online one to send to my brother in law in Canada.

Which I’ve just noticed means there’s a Canada deal and an Austrlia deal. I wonder which the UK will have in January :smile: