A French friend of mine who teaches French in the South of France is thinking of moving to Poitou Charentes but is unsure which city to choose. She is a single woman, which will influence her choice somewhat. All advice and information would be greatly appreciated; I’ll translate and pass it on. Many thanks in advance.
- Which is the nicest place to live: La Rochelle, Nantes, Poitiers, Angoulême or Limoges?
- Which of the above has most need of teachers of French as a foreign language?
- Where amongst these four cities are the most non French speakers i.e. potential students, to be found?
- Which has the most to offer from a cultural point of view?
- Have you had trouble finding a French teacher where you live?