Lady Lucan

Even under Obamacare millions were still unable to access free or cheap healthcare.

That does sound sensible… and presumably it can be done without incurring too much Inheritance Tax…

When I was a teenager, I used to feel myself torn… between wishing I could inherit some money… then hurriedly saying that I did not want anyone to die…
I longed to inherit from some person I did not know and had never heard of… :grinning:

Never thought of it.
No one I knew had any money or owned a property.
We are living in a different world now where money and property
are so important.
It is nice to have enough to get by…

Stop, you’re making me cry now.:cry:

have you got tears Tim…

Just finished peeling onions.

Ah but you said that I was making you cry.
If they are fresh they do not make you cry.

Gracious… now we are onto onions…

@barbara_deane1 … how fresh do the onions have to be ?? Let’s face it, they don’t come with a best-before date… :cry:

I find that, whenever peeling onions… tears are never far away… but, on reflection… I don’t always end up weeping.

Time to ask for age verification…before buying onions…perhaps… :grinning::grinning:

Just talk to the onions they will let you know.
Buy ours mainly from Grand Frais Bergerac and
they are busy…good turnover.
Must go again soon we needs nags of Bingeys.
and other things.

Mmm… Bergerac… maybe not … but I’ll certainly give them the once over in the shops and markets around here…

What language do they speak…??? (only joking)

I always check them to make sure they are not soft/squidgy/sprouting or going brown etc… but other than that… no idea what I should be looking/listening for…

My fault Stella, I’m just finding it hard to believe much of what Barbara says when she talks about poverty and having just enough to get by. The restaurants she and her partner ran in London led her to rub shoulders with the rich and famous as we are constantly reminded yet she has never known anyone with money and property, the lady doth protest too much methinks.

2 Likes

Tim I did meet a lot of rich and famous people and we shared meals together
and I cooked for them but I was not rich…or famous.
My friends now are all types of people…roofer, Lorry driver, house wives, artists,chefs
and one or 2 who will never need to work again due to good and bad fortune.
Stella onions speak legume but only when they are alone.

Oh… that has given me food for thought…

I often hear folk chatting, seemingly into thin air…in the shops… I had presumed they were using mobile phones… but, quite possibly, they were chatting to the vegetables… :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

No Stella they are talking on their mobile phones.

Don’t forget the teacher.

My friend the teacher dies some time ago…
but I always will remember him .

I still remember my old French teacher.

At school, she was a tartar… and I suspect that even some of the other teachers steered clear of her at times… but we children profited from her excellent teaching.

Sadly, she died before I could thank her for her efforts…

At the risk of looking stupid… nothing new there… what is a tartar? Is this something I should know about?

1 Like

Hi Mandy…Not stupid at all… I use old-fashioned words and phrases sometimes… must be my great age… :wink:

In Miss Jackson’s case…I used the word as we knew it in those days… she was very strict, often unbending…and she did not suffer fools lightly…

1 Like

Tartar : Central Asian invader of Europe, taking over cities, killing quite a lot of people, pillaging, reorganising society and taking no useless prisoners, just experts in all sorts of things.
cf Genghis Khan, Timur and Attila, plus many less famous. :wink:

And teacher, obv :blush:

2 Likes