Latest rabies regulations

Good evening
I did look at previous questions on rabies for dog but I can’t see a reply. My dog had all her injections last May in UK before moving to France . I am wanting to know if and when she is due her booster ? thank you

Just thinking aloud…
Do you already know your local Vet???
If so, check there…
If not, might be worthwhile checking and making the acquaintance…

This link is actually quite interesting… and I’m not a dog owner :wink:

@kazz4662 Seems it might depend on the breed of dog… and/or Dog Shows… and travel

Just looked in my dog’s French passport and it says vaccination date for rabies September '21 and next vacc due September '24, so I assume from that that if you want it done, and it would be silly not too, the norm in France is now 3 years. Not sure if it is a legal requirement, don’t need to know. :wink:

Take that as a minimum and if your UK vaccs says at least that you should be ok. But as Stella says, check with your French vet. :smiley:

Check with your vet
I brought a cat from Germany. Missed registering him with ICad within a week of importation.
Huge brouhaha
Could be the same for dogs. If not necessary, a vet can advise on timetable for vaccine.
My cat is now every 2 years for usual vacc. and every 3 years for rabies

Good morning and thank you for reply woll go and ask

It also depends upon the vaccination schedule. After the first jab there is another one a year later. Then after that it is every three years. Your vet will be able to help.