Le Tour 2019

Soon be that time again!!!

Flo and I are timing our two weeks in Carmaux to coincide with the stage from St. Flour to Albi - however, the official Le Tour website does not go in to any detail as to exactly where the stage passes through!!!

Anyone here able to shed any light on Stage 10 for us please? This will be the first time seeing a Stage for real and I would like to work out where best to plot up for the day.

A route from St. Flour to Albi must come through the Aubrac - down past Rodez? - passing close by Carmaux?

Anybody please?

Ta muchly :slight_smile:

Carl

A general link…

More details must be about somewhere…:relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

@carlmt I think this might help you…

1 Like

May be a little extra info on this site… sorry if it is only duplicating stuff…

1 Like

The details of the precise route don’t normally appear until a bit closer to the time. Keep an eye on some of the english fan sites who will announce it. Either that or ask the St Flour tourist office who will be involved in the preparations! The local press also will be involved, and you can look for announcements of meetings to discuss the town’s plans.

The Gorges de la Truyère and the Aubrac, the plateau at an elevation of around 1,200 metres, are rumoured to be intermediate passages, but that information has yet to be confirmed by the ASO.

Presumably you watched it, so you have an idea of how people choose the places to go to? Just don’t underestimate how early people will get there for the best spots if you’re interested in the climbs. And sun protection is also key…somehow standing beside a road for hours makes even a reasonable day baking hot! And please, please don’t take half your clothes off, wear a stupid clown wig, and try to run alongside the cyclists. If so, then I officially hate you!

2 Likes

Tour de France : outre Albi, le nord et l’ouest du département seront impactés

On en sait un peu plus sur le parcours du Tour de France, qui fera une longue halte de trois jours à Albi et plus largement dans le département.

Lundi 15 juillet :

La 10e étape, entre Saint-Flour et Albi s’étirera sur 218 km avec une première partie très vallonnée. Un profil pour baroudeur qui passera notamment par Laguiole, Espalion, Rodez, La Primaube, avant d’entrer dans le Tarn à hauteur de Tanus. Les coureurs s’égayeront dans Carmaux, le vieux Blaye, Cagnac pour déboucher à Albi route de Cordes, avant d’emprunter l’avenue Pelissier puis le Pont Neuf. L’arrivée sera située au terme d’une longue ligne droite en faux plat montant sur les Lices Pompidou, juste en face de la place du Vigan. Le public pourra voir le spectacle de la rue derrière des barrières ou en surplomb devant le Jardin national. Un lieu de prestige pour une victoire rêvée de Lilian Calmejane, «l’enfant» du pays.

2 Likes

That’s good - sounds like all Carl needs to do is step outside his front door! And if it’s a rolling day then crowds will be spread out.