Learn to create or improve your own website and a special offer for SFN members

From January, two new one-day courses will teach you everything you need to know about creating and improving your own website – for a fraction of the cost of employing a designer or web developer.

Both courses will be held in English and include lunch.

On the introductory course, you will learn how to identify your true target audience, plan a website that appeals to them, use the most effective words and pictures, and put the site together using a beautifully designed, fully responsive Wordpress theme.

No design skills are required, although familiarity with computers would be a huge advantage.

For those who want to take their website to the next level (ideal for people involved in competitive areas, like gîte holidays) there is a second course. The creating content workshop examines tone of voice and imagery with a view to creating a brand. Then explains how you can use social media to find more of the clients you want – and the money you need – to survive in France.

All course participants will be invited to regular social events, where you will have the chance to share ideas with people like you and people you’ll like.

Half-price offer for SFN members

Until January 15th 2016, the one-day introductory course is being offered at half the normal price to SFN members. Which, when compared to hiring a professional designer or web developer, is a great saving.

It will show you everything you need to make and manage the website that’s perfect for your business.

Introducing the tutor

As an advertising creative, I spent 18 years making money for world-leading brands on both sides of the Atlantic, before moving to the Dordogne in 2007. Here, I created the planet-friendly écovallée yurt camp (as seen on ITV's Little England) and built a Wordpress website that sits comfortably at the top of Google search results.

Since then, I have written, built and consulted on numerous websites. Now, I am passing on my knowledge and experience to English speakers based in France through the yourwebsitecourse workshops. Class sizes are limited to just six people, and individual tuition is also available.

For further information, including finding out how little it will cost, visit www.yourwebsitecourse.com then book your place today.