Let there be no doubt, Bojo wants a trade war with the EU

Johnson won’t do it for the DUP - but he might to save his own political skin. We know he’s reckless, and we know he’s in danger of a challenge. Precipitating another nationalistic crisis, maybe even going to the country if it all gets rabid enough, might suit him.

1 Like

I was just reading an outline of Truss’ legal options - none of them really stack up - but I came across this truly alarming statement:

Using Section 7 (a) [of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020] would be very serious because it would mean removing the entire agreement which would remove citizens’ rights too.

Stupidly, I had never considered that if the UK really does breach the agreement, our rights in France may be lost. Now - it’s personal!

1 Like

I suspect that the EU would protect individual rights even if the UK reneged on the WA

However it’s the TCA that we are most likely to unilaterally withdraw from.

The US is leaning heavily on Truss to behave herself as well, which will probably mean this all turns out to be more sabre rattling.

Yes, I read that last night Geof. Johnson, and his gang are totally unscrupulous. They will stop at nothing and don’t give a damn who gets hurt.

As Billy says, after Conor Burns got his arse kicked in the US, the Americans are flying some heavies into London to sort out Johnson and his gormless patsy, Truss. I hope they succeed.

In other news, Johnson has decided firing 90,000 civil servants will improve the mood of the Country and the FPNs are flying far and wide.

See my thread on UK Civil Service Collapse!

I do have a lot of trust in France and the EU to protect us - but isn’t it shameful that they have to protect us from what is still for most of us our own country!

4 Likes

Isn’t it shameful that so many of our fellow citizens didn’t take sufficient time to really understand what they were voting for?
The same goes for all those who voted for Boris Johnson to become leader of the Tories. He has a long track record of lying.

3 Likes

Sorry, what? Boris Johnson and his hangers-on wrote this agreement—its consequences were pointed out before signatures were appended by the EU negotiators—but they ploughed on regardless to say they had done the deal and ‘got Brexit done’. They were relying on being able to rewrite history and present it as EU tyranny when the consequences became clear down the line—as every single participant in those talks was well aware they would…

3 Likes

Have you run away rather than back up your comments :joy:

I wouldn’t be a great fan of the Irish PM but he’s naiied it here IMO. The joke is that Washington and the EU see through the liarJohnson., it’s only self serving Tory ministers and stupid party member that keep him in power.

1 Like

In his book Chums: How a Tiny Caste of Oxford Tories Took Over the UK… Simon Kuper draws an intriguing comparison between the prewar and wartime Cambridge spies who were acting for the Soviet Union and the Oxford Brexiters. Putin most certainly wanted Brexit and the breakup of the European Union…

While he admits his comparison between the Cambridge and Oxford sets isn’t entirely fair, Kuper states: “Though both betrayed Britain’s interests in the service of Moscow, the Brexiters did it by mistake.”

William Keegan in today’s Observer

2 Likes

It’s on my Kindle :slightly_smiling_face:

Johnson’s flailing non strategy is all over the place…… The lying clown gets clownier (to coin a phrase).

I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen tomorrow in Belfast.

I think the greasy Owl of the number 10 remove is in for six of the best. Yaroo

I think that the EU is a mindless bureaucracy that should be scrapped

just as well (presumably) you no longer have a vote to influence such a decision…

Excellent

Would you care to give examples of “mindless” EU bureaucracy, why it is mindless and how it could better accomplish its aims.

Otherwise I don’t think your comment adds a lot to the debate.

1 Like

We are all entitled to our views Raymond. For example I think you are either joking or you’ve lost you mind :joy:

3 Likes

indeed, it adds nothing…

I do not wish to enter a debate with someone of a diametrically opposite viewpoint.

hummm then why make such a comment on a site like SF :dizzy_face:
Are you sure you are on the right forum?

2 Likes