Level of Top Up Health Mutuelle cover

Hi

I have been discussing top up health mutuelle cover with @fabien (as always he has been excellent).

We are being offered many different levels of cover. Levels 1-5. Details attached.

I understand how the system works but I would be interested to know what levels of cover others think is appropriate.

For our age {45 to 49) the cost of cover ranges from 236-592 euros each per year - at level 4 this works out at nearly 1100 euros per year for both of us which is somewhat more than I had anticipated. (prices are shown in table on page 9).

The level of cover is given on page 4 onwards - I would be very interested to know what level of cover is considered suitable - particularly from those who have made claims.

Thanks

Mutuelle-brochure.pdf (1.1 MB)

Are you in reasonable health? Teeth and eyes in okā€™ish condition? How much do you spend on health each year? Have you had a mutuelle previously and did you actually get any benefits from it?

We didnā€™t have a mutuelle for years, and were then persuaded to take one out. It cost us far more each year than we received back, so now we stick to hospital cover only.

(So far this year health costs have been 14ā‚¬ + hospital only mutuelle of 75ā‚¬, rather than with full mutuelle which would have costs more like 210ā‚¬)

Hi Mat, just for information, the ā€˜average customerā€™ usually goes for either Level 1 or Level 3. Level 1 because thatā€™s very close to the British mindset that goes like ā€œIā€™m covered for emergencies and everything else Iā€™m happy to pay a bit from my pocketā€. Level 3 for the exact same reason but extended the ā€œemergencies only coverā€ to ā€œemergencies, GPs & medecineā€. Occasionnally I get some Level 5 for people that also want a good dental cover (300%) and very less often Level 4 but statistically speaking I have 40% on Level 3, 35% on Level 1, 20% on Level 5 and 5% on Level 4ā€¦ Now you know everything :wink:

1 Like

Getting old and needing healthcare is expensive. Your level 4 estimate is half what I pay for the wife and I, with me as an independent worker. The devil would be in the detail though. We opted for higher dental, and ophthalmological care, so that may be reason why it costs me twice as much as your estimate.

Hi Fabien, is it possible to get your help , we need to buy a top up insurance,if yes - how to contact you? e.
Thanks in advance

@Anna5 Just click on @fabien and you can message him from there.

1 Like

Cheers, Graham. Still did not work out the lay out of this forum.

1 Like