Lies lies lies (or lost humor)

Yes! Olivier Veran has stated the upper age limit is abolished. The AZ vaccine is now available to us oldsters. That should help.

1 Like

I heard on World Service in the middle of the night that the AZ vaccine will now be able for use in the 65-74 age group for vaccinations to take place in Pharmacies and GPā€™s surgeries.
I am going to ring our Pharmacie right now and ask to be placed on their list.
The outlawing of this age group was done from a purely political standpoint, to make both France and Germany seem as though they were protecting this group of citizens, when in, fact, there was no danger at all.

My Pharmacie has not heard anything, call back in a fortnight.
And they wonder why their progress is so slow.

After the announcement re the AZ vaccine I e-mailed again and can now make appointments for both of us.

1 Like

Sounds like that was the reason then.

I have just made appointments for both myself and Jim, who takes blood pressure tablets, the 1st appointment is the 10th March and the next 12 weeks later, exactly as in UK!
Unbelievable.

Yep, weā€™ve just got rendezvous(es) for next week and the seconds in early April. Result!

Try not to worry Jane. Two weeks after the vaccine you will have some protection and in a recent study (obviously) the first vaccination was 100% effective in preventing hospitalisation and death. So even if you were to get Covid after obtaining some immunity you are unlikely to become seriously ill.
My two weeks is up today!! :smiley:
Izzy x

OH just had fun and games with our MT. We have our appointments for Friday 26th March - our clinic only doing it on Fridays. [Now not sure this is right, see comment to Jane below] And thereā€™s a BUT, which is itā€™s not 100% certain as they are doing the AZ jabs in batches of 10 and if they canā€™t get 8 other patients prepared to have the AZ vaccine we wonā€™t get it either! Hereā€™s hoping the French about-turn on AZ will mean by then there is no problem with getting it done.
Interesting @Jane_Williamson that your second one is 12 weeks later. Ours is 6 weeks.

1 Like

Theyā€™re doing jabs in BUT now?

Sorry, but you did say fun and games :see_no_evil::joy:

Seriously though, I hope it works out for you, it would be so frustrating to be so near and have it snatched away.

2 Likes

There is still scepticism within France due to the false articles in the press and President Macronā€™s unwarranted interference.
Although it is wonderful that we are getting our jabs, France needs vaccination to be taken up on a much higher level to be able to change the way we ate forced to live at the moment.

Iā€™m not worried Izzy. 94% protection from the 1st jab proved from data in Scotland. Even if we have reactions, it is much better than Covid and all vaccines can have some reaction.
It is so annoying that we are now receiving the AZ vaccine and with a 12 week wait for the second jab, just as in UK.

That is like reading Alice in Wonderland.
How can such a pathetic response be equated to trying to defeat this pandemic?

Iā€™m not sure OHā€™s got this quite right Jane - I need to edit the above posting. OH does not always fully understand and our doctor has a strong regional accent. Talking it through with OH last night, in fact what I think happened was our MT has put us on the list - they are only receiving 10 doses a week. But we do not have comorbidities so we are only on the list on the understanding that if 10 other patients with comorbidities want the vaccine we will get bumped. Letā€™s hope by the end of March they are getting more supplies. Mind you, the point was made that the French (still) donā€™t want AZ, so better to give it to us than no-one!

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

The OP seems to have left the roomā€¦

He or she has possibly gone shopping to renew the supply of mind-altering substances. They were clearly running low.

4 Likes