Lightening the mood a little!

Very hard choice, I’m torn between chips and roasted but I also love a McDo hash brown. Are they available in France now?
Let’s here your views on this vital survey :grinning:
Izzy x

1 Like

You can get frozen hash browns in Lidl on occasion, otherwise frozen mini-rösti are very similar.

2 Likes

Thanks Alex. I’m back living in the UK but I recall that they weren’t available in France up to a few years ago.
Izzy x

2 Likes

Mash!

1 Like

Oh yes, with proper bangers and onion gravy!

2 Likes

Aligot beats the rest hands down…

3 Likes

That’s not even on the list… but neither is sauté or dauphinoise or boulangère etc. Ah well, I hope others will join in.
Izzy x

2 Likes

Hasselbackhasselback

2 Likes

Looks very artful @boilerman. Tell us more about it pliz :yum:

Nothing to do with me Peter, shamelessly stolen from the interweb, that picture.
Just a simple spud thinly sliced, but not all the way, brushed with oil (not Duckhams 20/50) seasoned, and sometimes cheese in the gaps, best this time of year when the spuds are going to mush.

Oh, Thanks Peter Goble, I forgot the important bit. Stick 'em in the oven :grinning: They are to die for :+1:

4 Likes

If we are going to get serious, then we need to match the variety of potato to the dish…mash without King Edward’s just isn’t the same.

2 Likes

The best variety for chips and roast is Binjte. Can’t get them in the UK sadly.
Izzy x

A friend bought me a bag of spuds from Lidl, a variety called Caesar. They made brilliant chips! (Love people who bring me something wonderfully special…)

1 Like

If you are back in the UK Izzy Lidls often have the hash browns, although they tend to sell out, and they are probably the best supermarket ones I’ve had

1 Like

2-9-1 dipped in 10​:wink::crazy_face:

1 Like

I am partial to a chip! Although a gorgeous creamy, garlicy gratin mmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Duchesse. I’ve no idea what a MacDo hash brown would be like and unlikely ever to find out.

2 Likes

Lambs kidney sliced and lightly fried then laid on well buttered toast while still hot. With an egg on top fried in the same pan as the kidneys with the egg white crispy around the edges and the yolk still runny. Not had such a treat since leaving childhood home 44 years ago, wife doesn’t do edible offle.

2 Likes

But there is no potato in that John!!! Kidneys are not a form of potato :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Chips to follow !

3 Likes