LINKY meter question

I thought one simply rang the telephone number and gave them the identity number for your/my supply and then they would know if a duff one had been fitted at “that” address … ??

perhaps it’s not as simple as they make it sound…

No, you are not! Checking on your main disjoncteur will not ever involve breaking a seal. I suspect you are looking in the wrong place, or someone has accidentally sealed something they shouldn’t.

1 Like

@ChrisK I don’t think you have to physically do anything to the equipment… so hold back with that axe… :wink:

the site certainly says that for a diagnostic “it is sufficient to give the Name and “delivery point” which is a 14 number thingy marked on the Electricity Bill…”

Hello all we have managed to get a statement out of EDF. They have profusely apologised and explained that although they installed the meter in June they have not managed to communicate with any in our valley. They hope to be able to do so soon and ask for our patience. I also notice that you can’t download the APP if your iphone is registered in the UK.

Normal practice in France

You are absolutely right and yes the email gives a number to call but it has the number for our supply etc and asks us to do a diagnostic. So presumably they need extra info. I’ll call tomorrow and report back.
I’ve been busy digging holes looking for an inspection hatch for the waste pipe from the downstairs bathroom today so haven’t had much time!..but it is alcohol time…

1 Like

?? We have downloaded it onto our UK phone without problem. as that’s the one with space for another app…

1 Like

Good,luck with patience! We have finally received their share of the heat pump deal - after 9 months of chasing (and them blaming the bloody virus for the delay (which oddly didn’t affect the other two partners in the deal!). Still nothing from Ryanair since May!

1 Like

So, I just followed the online diagnostic and was presented with a number of disjoncteur pics. Ours wasn’t one of them but you can upload a pic of your own. They then emailed to say that ours was unaffected by the problem.

3 Likes

Hell has to freeze over for Ryanair to respond !

Yep the original ‘no-service’ airline!

Used to be called «cattleair» by a pilot of my acquaintance who flew for them for a few years from Stansted but I think that’s a little harsh given that EU rules on flying cattle seemingly exceed that of self loading freight… :grin:

1 Like

I had a full refund last month for a return flight to France back in April. I have never had an issue with Ryanair for a short flight. They have always got me to where I want to go, on time and for very little cost.
Izzy x

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for my refund for June my fellow passengers money has been refunded, so it shouldn’t be much longer. Other than that I have had no issues with Ryanair

1 Like

Interested that you have a UK phone, is it paid from a UK bank account?
Any thoughts of what you would do if that account was closed ( as per rumours) as O2 told me I must pay from a UK account in my name.
We have French phone but it is handy to have UK one for UK friends to call.

It’s paid via my paypal account I think…

We will probably get rid of it soon as more and more I use WhatsApp to make international calls to mobiles for free.

2 Likes

PayPal…can you set up payments against it.?
But if our uk bank accounts are closed how will you put money into the PP account

Yes, I think it was an option with my phone contract to use PayPal. And you can link it to any bank account you like, so I think a UK PayPal account would accept a french bank card - I’ve not done that as still have UK bank account. Or get friends and family to top up your PP account in £££s.

The big issue…see topic about Barclaycard closing my account…is that few uk banks are going to continue to offer expats an account. Barclays now on a programme of closure even if you still have uk address. And opening a uk bank account whilst in France is challenging