Log burner installation - Hanc (Poitou-Charantes)

Absolutely no help at all re your original question…
But - why are you buying your wood burner in the UK?
They are cheaper here in France and the range is huge in comparison. We have a sweet little Franco Belge one in our cottage in Sussex, and it was probably twice the price than I could get it here (years ago - before we moved here)

1 Like

Teresa,
I agree with you on the cost aspect.
Jan Burgess, wrote they bought one over from the UK, maybe she had it before moving over? I’ve seen treads on various Brit / Anglo forums with people banging on about their wood burners bought from the UK (mostly Villagers) I have a Supra from France & my one is technically as good & probably cheaper.
@John. Quite agree with you regarding the technicality of a chimney system (basically a vent pipe leading from the fire) it’s either compliant or not. The ascetics are something else, in the eye of the architect.
Architects… God, bless their souls…

Agree that there is a good range of poêle à bois here. In my other house I had two Invicta’s, 1 large one in the kitchen and a smaller model inb the lounge. They were very effecient, looked good and were not expensive.

I always find the very efficient discussion interesting. Slap a few stars on an old fire made 60 plus years ago and it becomes flamvert.

Personally taking a look at the DEFRA website where certain fires have been passed for use in smokeless zones as a good place to start.

Mine were efficient John, I bought them brand new ! :grin:

My stove in the UK is a cleanburn which means it has limiters on the top airwash to prevent completely closing down the vents. This is the law for an urban area but in rural france I want to keep my fire in all night as I don’t have central heating. It’s almost impossible to leave a cleanburn stove ticking over slowly so for me that would be a major consideration if I bought another stove.