London Marathon 2019

(stella wood) #1

Any of you know runners… or are taking part yourselves… ??

A 70+ neighbour is taking part… just 2 weeks after he completed the Paris Marathon… I feel shattered just thinking about it… :hugs::upside_down_face:

(stella wood) #2

Video of the first years… 1981/82… humbling to see who struggled on… and I just watched from my comfy chair…

(stella wood) #3

Our neighbour had a good run 4 hours 27 minutes… said it was freezing cold… but all went well… brrrr…:hugs:

(Peter Goble) #4

Gruesome spectacle IMO. Couldn’t we raise the money by holding a sponsored custard-doughnut swallowing marathon, 24 doughnuts in the fasted timed gobble? Just as interesting, over more quickly, less narcissistic. Conceivably less lethal.

(stella wood) #5

:thinking:Now then Peter… what’s narcissistic about folk running for charity… about many folk doing something totally alien to them… for charity…??? :relaxed::relaxed:

or even… simply running, because that is what they enjoy… :hugs:

(Peter Goble) #6

I’ve got the 'flu, Stella. I’m in a fluey mood. Need a dose of grog :rage::rofl: and you should know me by now! :thinking::clown_face::monkey:

1 Like
(stella wood) #7

Poor you… give yourself a double dose of grog… and hope you feel better soon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Timothy Cole) #8

Man flu, wouldn’t wish it on anyone, far worse than giving birth.:smile:

3 Likes