Long Term Visa Question

Hi, all.
American here, thinking of applying for a VLS-TS, long stay visa. I know the French government wants you to have a certain amount of money in your bank account to insure you can pay your way for the length of the visa. But the VLS-TS application has three options: 3-to-6 months, 6 months-to-1 year and more than one year.
Does anyone know what kind of financial guarantee one needs to the More than One Year option?

Hello Mark
Welcome, have you tried contacting the American Embassy in Paris for information? Things seem to change so rapidly and they will have up to date information.
Good luck :slight_smile:

As a visitor who engages not to work, you need stable income of 1 170,69 € per month. If you have free accommodation that is taken into account as part of your resources. Students need 615€ per month but I think that assumes their course and accommodation is paid for.

See https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F302

1 Like

The various visas and residence cards you can apply for are listed here and the service public site usually tells you in the details of what you have to provide in your application what the resources needed are: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/N110