Looking for advice and recommendations on IP security cameras

I would like to set up one or two exterior IP security cameras to operate on my wifi network. Does anyone have experience with this, I have some questions!

Have you looked at the Next IQ external Camera? Here is a link:

I use Nest indoor Camara’s and I’m happy with these. I’m also considering the Nest IQ for outdoor use. Just be aware that you need a subscription if you want to use their Cloud based solution for storing of video captures. If you don’t use their subscription you can still view the cameras using their smartphone App.

Tony

They look great, I was hoping to avoid any subscription though if at all possible.

A friend showed me his in operation and he said the software and storage was free, doesn’t sound likely, I’ll verify that with him. How much is the Nest subscription? @Tony_Coombs

Only used internal cameras so far, bought off ebay, no subscriptions etc.

I think it starts at 50 euros per year but it depends on how much data you want to store online…

1 Like

Any recording facilities, zone alarms, phone app anything like that?

That’s ok! Thanks

Hi James, yes there are apps, Sricam which I use and there was another i set up for a customer but the name escapes me for the minute. They allow movement triggered alarms to be setup and video recording to the phone’s memory card

1 Like

Is Sricam good? I assume the cameras use a standard protocol to allow any third party apps to control then, is that the case?

I have always used the app recommended by the cameras instructions just in case of any conflicts.

1 Like

I have a system that records to a DVR and can also be viewed via an App called VSSMobile also an App called IMSeye Pro can be used the DVR connects to your internet. The whole system was fairly reasonable to buy and straight forward to set up

1 Like

Who makes it?

The DVR I’m using at the moment is an SPRO

https://www.dtsdigitalcctv.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=DHIPNVR04-A1

I added the cameras separately, all depends on what you want from a camera to which ones you add. I would suggest Dome cameras fitted as high as possible, I have 5 mp cameras.

1 Like