Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

They usually need a “mise a jour” on /after 1st Jan as people’s mutuelles need to be updated.

1 Like

I have noticed that this is on mine and my wife’s attestation:

Hospitalisation et soins externes hors budget global

I translate this as Hospitalisation and outpatient care outside the overall budget

Just what does that mean?

the daily charge for a hospital stay is not covered by cpam and is payable by you. Unless you have a mutual

1 Like

is this true for all Cpams…I’m surprised as I understand quite a lot of French people don’t have a top up Mutuelle…so what happens to them, if they can’t afford a M they can pay for Hospital stay.

Isn’t the PUMA system a basic mutual for all?

No, PUMA is the universal scheme for healthcare that covers most but not all costs. You always pay franchises and forfaits and whatever percentage of the cost that social security don’t pay for.

However, if you have a low income you are eligible for the complémentaire santé solidaire, which operates like a mutuelle. This either costs you nothing, or a modest 25€ a year if you are just above the threshold.

Don’t fully understand, if you have hospitalisation and no Mutuelle, or other cover and don’t have say €1000 to pay the amount left after CPam have paid their 70 % what happens .

You get a bill.

:frowning_face: :frowning_face:

It is possible to have a basic level mutuelle that covers just hospitalisation.

That was the scheme I was thinking of.