Low cost professional insurance for AE's

(geoff faulkner) #1

I am re posting this because I had no replies last time - and I am sure it is a topic very important to many people:

In view of the new rules enforcing AE's to have professional insurance, can anyone please recommend a company offering such insurance on an affordable basis?

My son works as a carpenter under the AE system but only on a part time basis and his earnings are thus very low so although wanting to be totally legal, cannot afford an expensive insurance policy.

Thanks in advance

geoff

(Suzanne Fitzgerald) #2

Just a little note to add that the insurance is only obligatoire for certain metiers

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/F2366...

Mostly it concerns those who are involved with buildings and those who use a vehicle for work. For others it is highly recommended to have a Responsabilité civile professionnelle.

(Mandy Moat) #3

I will also need to sort out PL Insurance as I’m a newly registered personal trainer, so any recommendations will be appreciated!

(Wendy Ells) #4

Responsibilite Civile Professionelle is the insurance cover for your work. It is not the same as the ordinary Responsibilite Civile that comes with your house insurance.

(geoff faulkner) #5

Basically Keren it is insurance for if yourwork hurts aybody - for if you are an electrician or builder or something like that. Assurance civile will not cover for that.

(Karen Calvert) #6

I am not sure what you mean by professional insurance. I have a responsabilite civile assurance professionelle which is what I have to show if anyone asks. It costs 100 or so euros for the year and I got it from the agency who does my car/house insurance. This is probably what is needed....