Macron + Covid Nov 2021 Pass Sanitaire

Masks and Boosters at the ready…

The point was simply that we have to question the MSM when there is significant financial support from those who are interested in pushing vaccines. This subject goes very deep indeed, and any research that goes beyond what we are fed by MSM can only be a good thing when it comes to our own health, and the health of our loved ones. It’s very difficult in this world of misinformation, astroturfing, fake news etc. to find the truth, so looking into sources and their funding seems like a good idea. It’s easy to simply trash anyone whose point of view contradicts our own. But nobody is treating anyone like a simpleton, and if you think this, then maybe there’s something you need to work on. This is simply a sharing of information that at this time I feel is very important. Take it or leave it, stick to what you believe, no hard feelings, but criticizing each other is not going to help the situation at all. Best wishes to everyone.

2 Likes

www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin?utm_term=619b23d4af7544e6a8a778266bae753f&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_emailYou probably won’t believe this Helen but all of us folk who have chosen to be vaccinated both for our own sake and for others feel the same as this doctor who is seeing the results of non vaccination at first hand.
Hospitals are using valuable resources to treat Covid patients and waiting lists are growing at an alarming rate and people are dying of illnesses which would have otherwise have been treated.
Does this not strike any concern in your mind at all?
Sorry this link does not have seemed to have come through properly.

2 Likes

Just heard that one of our village football team is in hospital with Covid… sadly, not vaccinated… so everyone is on edge.

Please take care everyone… masks, distance, gel/handwashing and Vax if you can.

You replied to me Calvin but I think most of your thoughts here follow from Kirstea’s post - I was merely point out that online video is not a good medium for serious study on any subject (except perhaps in formal education).

It’s true of course that main stream media is full of distortions too - it is almost by definition in the political centre - since it owes its very position as ‘main stream’ to the status quo - unless of course controlled by billionaires with a more right-wing agenda. But can you make a serious case that its inevitable distortions extend to every mainstream outlet directly contradicting, say, the vast majority of climate scientists? Or the vast majority of medical professionals?

Calvin appears to be an anti-vaxer, so rather than address the article he attacks the medium - which seems typical.

Yes, I agree we should take the anti-vax argument elsewhere. Politeness prevents me from suggesting exactly where though.

4 Likes

Well said!

1 Like

Most Germans will be “vaccinated, cured or dead” from Covid-19 in a few months, the country’s health minister has warned.

Jane of course it does….it might surprise you to know that I am not some selfish heartless bitch that doesn’t care about anyone or anything and that I actually feel the suffering of others acutely and there are some days the only way I can deal with it is to just switch off and be in nature with my collies…

This is the fabled ‘herd immunity’ isn’t it?

Head in sand!

When people refuse to be vaccinated they have no immunity and the pandemic rolls on. It doesn’t look like herd immunity can be achieved except by vaccinating everyone.

Surely, also recovering from it affords immunity? As the German minister said: recovered, vaccinated or dead. Then we’ll have “herd immunity”.

2 Likes

Seems that herd immunity could be a bit of myth….

Nearly everyone in Iran has been infected by the coronavirus at some point during the covid-19 pandemic, and some have caught the virus more than once, but the country still hasn’t achieved herd immunity. Instead, Iran is seeing a punishing new wave of deaths driven by the delta variant.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294215-nearly-every-person-in-iran-seems-to-have-had-covid-19-at-least-once/#ixzz7D8LFnSLb

2 Likes

It may be that covid is a disease for which it’s not possible to develop a permanent immunity, either natural or induced. However immunity definitely does reduce the severity of the disease on a statistical basis (i.e. more people will come through better even though some will still die despite vaccination) compared to an un-vaccinated population.

Interesting that ‘natural’ immunity seems no better than vaccination.

1 Like

Fortunately Iran has managed to get a vaccination programme going and rates have been falling.

The Guardian is reporting that Olivier Veran will announce tomorrow ‘strengthening’ of social distancing and health pass regulations. Any leaks anybody?

LCI says : Ce sera une première depuis le 26 août. Le ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran tiendra une conférence de presse, jeudi 25 novembre, a annoncé le porte-parole du gouvernement Gabriel Attal, mercredi 24 novembre, à la sortie du Conseil de défense sanitaire. “Le constat est sans appel. Notre situation épidémique se dégrade très nettement. Il y a quelques jours, je parlais d’un début de vague fulgurante et cela se confirme avec un taux de reproduction du virus, qui est estimé aujourd’hui à 1,6 et qui devrait très probablement continuer à augmenter dans les prochains jours et les prochaines semaines” , a-t-il averti.

I suppose they’ll be coming up with a cunning-plan which, if followed correctly, should enable Christmas and New Year celebrations to continue in comparative safety.

And of course, since France is Laïc, they won’t worry if it messes up Hanukkah at end November……