Macron's Response to the Gilets Jaunes - NOT enough it seems

1 Like

Oh dear, already I have been receiving 'phone calls from French friends to ask if I had watched the emission, and if so what were my thoughts

Well for what it’s worth in my opinion Macron came across as a stiff puppet. Of course he has to start somewhere but why not on taxing the rich instead of giving peanuts in the hopes that everything will settle down ?

I don’t belive that we have heard the last of the protests 

I had to admire his nine o’clock shadow, poor pussy-cat. But trùs cool :joy:

I saw some “suit” spouting about Macron’s concessions to ordinary folks (my words), & how it was a start; & how reintroducing the ISF would be bad, as it’s the rich that invest in business (?!)
& then the Le Pen lap-dog on the other side of the table piped up about immigration
& it all got a bit farcical, & I switched over to watch a repeat of something I’d seen three times already

No, the protests will continue.

However hard he tries, Macron will forever be labelled ‘The President of the rich’ and his popularity won’t improve much.

I’m assuming Philippe with be sacrificed and another installed as PM.

All my french friends agree that there should be changes but agree that is difficult to i plement.
There are very much the same problems in rural England, but no rioting as yet.
I am remi ded of the public antipathy to Edward Heath because of his unfortunate habit of lifting his shoulders when he laughed.
There are always those who will shoot the messenger.

Things are planned for this Saturday, 15th December