Macros

Thanks Neil, the background was more luck than judgement.

Thanks Karen, sorry for the late reply. Been collecting ALexis from Nevers, and all his blooming gear.

Hi Everyone, sorry I have been silent for so long! The camera has been out and about with me, and lots of pictures have been taken, but this is really the first opportunity to post anything. I am beginning to get the feel of the macro rings now, and the +10 seems to suit me well - for the time being anyway!

Whilst walking out yesterday, I came across this amazing little bug! We spotted these bright blue dots on top of the nettles. From the distance they looked like flowers. On closer inspection they were these beautiful beetles. I can’t find a picture in any of my books to identify them. I wonder if any of you have an idea?
Cheers,

Linda

Great shots-supersharp and colour background.

The second image is worth a zoom.

Strange outline on this one due to being taken on glass. Don’t know what it is but it was a very small fly type thing about 6mm long.

And the equipment used:

Lucky you! We got them direct from an old farmer at Capestang market. €3.50 a kilo… and he didn’t mind adding a bit extra. He said he’ll be back with walnuts in October.

Yummy!

Funny that, we’ve just been eating from the neighbours tree !!

Cherry time!

Manual focus fixed and camera movement works best for me. 200th sec F22 and flash. Play with the flash compensation. We should meet up one weekend for a photo shoot.

When you say soft, do you mean you wanted at least part of it tack sharp or something else?

Cinnamon

Fibre optics

Power button

The focus on the eye is spot on, you’re really getting to grips with that lens Stu.

On-board flash is hopeless with your 105 as the lens barrel will obscure the light output.

Fantastic sheen on the little follow, what was the aperture?

Thanks Michael

If I showed you one with flash you would see the problem. Having said that; for the moment I only have the on board flash which is pretty useless.

Really struggling today, but quite like this one. The light was wrong and I couldn’t flash this guy, too much reflection.