Making tea

Switch the machine on, check beans and water, put a cup under the nozzles and press the right button - freshly ground coffee, bliss​:grin::grin:

I keep a jar of each of Lidl’s instant coffees, one corsé and the other mellow but reasonably flavoured, both much cheaper than similar brands elsewhere it appears. But to french visitors I’d be scared to offer instant coffee, it’s so much a part of the culture here, it seems, and a much more social thing.

Good grief ! I didn’t expect any reply. I’m a bit busy at the mo, but I will read them all.
So far
Ironing - collar first on reverse side the button ditto reverse.
Coffee - Smeg machine. Beans ground with de longhi using grinder not blades. Fresh beans - Taylor’s of Harrogate Christmas blend at the moment - heat cup beforehand no milk in coffee ever. Can be share with wife and or g/f

“Can be share with wife and or g/f”

Do please make sure that you don’t share with both at the same time Gary, you might get your supply of beans cut off :rofl:

5 Likes

I didn’t think anything would make me laugh today but this made me chuckle. Thank you Ann.

2 Likes

Well I have to say that I don’t go in for coffee a lot, so there is no way that I am buying a grinder and all the thingies that go with it , just something else to stick in the cupboard!
If instant is good enough for that American film star millionaire then it’s good enough for me and whoever taps on the door :wink:

You know thing are bad Mandy when the English start talking about tea

To iron shirts properly you need a sleeve board.

1 Like

It’s the ritual Ann that’s important

I love a cup of tea, drink it all day. Not sure you would approve of the PG Tips though.

2 Likes

Hmm, tbag by the looks of it

1 Like

What’s an iron?

Not a wood

1 Like

What can be better than a good monkey tea ? + that mug is the cat’s whiskers ! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Peter, French taste suffered a sharp decline after about 1789 been having problems ever since. Can’t blame them

Biscuits - Tupperware thing & some rice

No Gary, the important things are not rituals, they are being with those you love, maybe that can include wives and matresses as a French friend once said :wink:
They are having good health and having friends to share things with …
It’s breathing in the pure air, seeing the night sky full of stars , it’s love, hope and having some PG tips in the cupboard :wink:

2 Likes

Varium et mutabile semper femina
But yr right of course

Of course I am right, I am a woman !!:hugs:

Absolutely Ann. I’m not sure if I would have lasted this long in France without a supply of PG Tips.

1 Like

I didnt say that lol, I resisted