Making tea

Oh stick around Gary, your resitance will be worn down with time ! :wink:

1 Like

Jane you are a wonder. Thank you for setting me right. Yr husband is very lucky
Toad

Got it! Err :thinking:, any kind of rice will do? :grin:

Hahaha, cors not not just any rice. Toad would never say any rice.
I dunno - dry rice
Toad

1 Like

@anon89172871: “stick around gary
 etc”

You can be sure of that, Gary! Where SFN goes is via the “Fatal Attraction/Coup de Foudre” stage, the “Honeymoon stage”, the “it’s-not-you-it’s-me” stage, culminating eventually with the ‘pot-au-feu-lapin’ denouement and the 'Thelma and Louise" finale. :scream::joy::zipper_mouth_face:

& with that I take my bow
Toad

Come back soon, Gary/Toad. Hope you don’t mind my Toad predilection, Gary: it chimes in with my pre-senile sentimentality about 1940s Children’s Hour at five o’clock on the BBC Home Service. “Toad of Toad Hall”? An age of relative innocence which moulded me.

Can you imagine the foremost BBC news programme broadcasting (for an hour) stories and features for small children at 5 pm every weekday all year round?

What a wonderful world then! :blush:

1 Like

I am of the opinion that BBC “news” is more suited nowadays to a child’s mentality we even have a new weed with Mrs may (Viz bill n Ben)
We have digressed
Toad

Poop poop

1 Like

@anon72090214 'We have digressed"

Chez nous l’écartement du sujet est de rigueur :wink:

@anon88169868 (recommends using a microwave to reheat coffee)

I’ve never overcome a wholly unreasonable mistrust of the microwave oven, Paul. To my mind the way they heat stuff up is weird. I know it’s me that’s weird, but I can’t be convinced that microwaves aren’t weirder than ordinarily weird, they’re weirdly weird.

We do have one, and I only ever use it to soften butter from the fridge. Half a turn is all I allow it.

Wise to mistrust it. Microwave has fried a few radio engineer friends of mine & back on theme I don’t have one & don’t recommend warming up a cuppa t with one
Toad

Quite right Toad. Cold tea has a fit of uncontrollable hysteria in under two minutes of microwave assault. Terrifying stuff!

As it happens am about to brew a pot. Er indoors is giving me some gbh, tea keeps her quiet.
Happy new year Peter.
Toad

Happy new year Gary and mrs Gary, happy new year Toad.

correct!

Used to buy PG tips at a reasonable price in the Indian shops behind the Gare du Nord but here In Burgundy normal tea has always been difficult to find. Twinings Thé Corsé is about the best alternative. Stuff called English Breakfast Tea is very weak.

I expect you know @Tom that www.britishcornershop.com sells PG tips 240 teabags at £7.99 plus delivery. That’s a steep price to pay but if one wants a proppa cuppa
 :cry:

ÂŁ25.70 for 960 at Amazon inc delivery :coffee:

1 Like

That was our lifeline Pete. We used to buy at least 10 boxes a year, usually in one go. We could get through a box of 240 in a month easily.

If you spend more than ÂŁ100 or the equivalent in euros (you can pay in euros) then delivery to France is free. We always made sure we spent more than that. It was easy once you threw in some HP sauce, Marmite, Branston Pickle etc etc.

They are a bit pricey but if you really really like something it’s worth it.

2 Likes