Making tea

Though don’t know of any that run on tea.

1 Like

Lol, would be an idea

Imagine bags to the mile, or would it be cups for the high end & mugs for the proletariat models?

2 Likes

I’d definitely be a mug

You’d be running on Yorshire tea then or Tescos best, very polluting stuff that.

2 Likes

Well, most women I know are genetically hardwired to be 'multitaskers !..and men are well known to not bother to read instructions, so I fear you are on a hiding to nothing !

1 Like

Unless it is a formal occasion, I make my tea direct in a thin porcelain mug (hotter that way…)…I also have several different types of black tea to hand as I find one gets too accustomed to one and it loses it’s impact. I use usually a good strong nutty, Assam or breakfast blend, eg. Yorkshire Tea, Taylor’s of Harrogate, Twinings, but I also am a fan of Twinings Lady Grey with or without milk… No bts pss here !

Sorry (product of a chauve souris)…

Battouille?

Here’s another tip - Thermos make some really nice insulated metal teapots. Very good in winter.

Well done Toad, we loose tea makers are thin on the ground. And on SF apparently, since no-one has pointed out that you omitted that essential piece of equipment for loose tea users - the tea strainer.

I also confess to being a PG Tips man (thank you Amazon) although 3 tablespoons seems a little bit heavy unless you’re making tea for a busload :crazy_face:

What about this!

I always thought that paper filters imparted their own flavour to the coffee. These days we use a re-usable nylon mesh filter. We make a full jug and microwave as necessary.
But I still think you get a better aroma from freshly ground beans. But un-ground beans are expensive and hard to find, due to the great success of vacuum packing.
In the current heat, left over coffee, served from the fridge can be very refreshing.

If one prefers one’s tea a little less strong, I recommend, after pouring on the water, dunking and undunking the bag two or three times until the perfect concentration is achieved. Add milk and enjoy. And a ginger nut (or two) is an excellent addition to the recipe.

1 Like

Not had a cup of tea for over 25 years but make the OH one several times a day, tea bag with a dash of milk and then hot water, not rocket science!

1 Like

I only ever have a cup of tea when Mum and Dad come over for a visit, so very rarely. When we are all together with our cuppas, it is a small reminder that I am still British. :grinning: lol

I drink tea like wot miners drink… #BlackTeaMatters :rofl:

carrefour corse by a country mile - no other bottled ground coffee comes near