Marina Hyde hits it out of the park... again

4 Likes

This is really dodgy stuff…

4 Likes

Who cares and even if you do what you’re gonna do about it? :thinking:

3 Likes

It seems nothing, however outrageous or damning will not damage Boris the Teflon Kid.

Just goes to underline how weak the opposition really is.

2 Likes

Rather than just copying an article from a newspaper why not start a discussion about whether MP’s should have a second job or if the current regulation of political lobbying is fit for purpose?

1 Like

Having read both newspaper articles, both of which are damming reports of pissing on the man in the street who voted these knobheads into power, why is it when I read the news headlines are they dominated by a man rescued from a welsh cave after 2 days who chose to go there in the first place and Obama who carbon footprint to travel to Glasgow to talk green must be massive.
Why aren’t these ramming reports headline news?

2 Likes

"Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.” John Stuart Mill (1806-73)

1 Like

Instead of critisizing me Tim why don’t YOU start a discussion :joy: I had a quick look at our stats, you’ve started 23 and I (God bless me) have started 233 and I think my “is Bojo doing a good job” one is either the most or at least one of the most responded to.

I do solicit peoples’ opinions but you’re probably right I should have had a question mark in the heading, but even Homer nods :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Fixed!

With respect John many of your threads are just copies of critical newspaper articles from the Guardian about Johnson and or the UK government, there’s no discussion required because all you asked of us is to read the article.

All of us pretty much without exception loathe Johnson and despair of the how the UK is being governed so this is just playing to the crowd again yet the basis for this and similar articles is important to our understanding about what goes on at Westminster and whether it’s time to re-assess what we expect from MP’s who ultimately are there to serve the public.

3 Likes

Sorry Tim, from now on I won’t assume that posting articles will encourage debate. I’ll specifically request it :slightly_smiling_face: and threaten retribution for those who don’t comply.

3 Likes

Superb piece. Well I was pleased to be alerted to it. Rather tetchy response I thought.
With even the Express criticising Johnson and the Guardian and Mail roughly in agreement last week I think Johnson may be approaching his use by. I hear he failed to wear a mask at his vital hospital visit. Keep it up Mr Johnson!

2 Likes

618964272600003c0a3cdc47

1 Like

Truly an idiot.

“Anybody want to give me a large bung and I will put a mask on” :laughing:

I know where I’d put the large bung :joy:

3 Likes