May strikes an agreement

Well it looks like Brexit is going to happen after all.
But so far I have not learnt any thing about us
Brits who live abroad.
Are we safe to stay in our countries of choice without
problems?

“The rights of UK citizens living in the EU will also remain the same and the administration procedure for those concerned will be “cheap and simple”, Mr Juncker added.”

Will be interesting to see what she has given away this time…
Another £1bn to Arlene Foster perhaps?

1 Like

No not to Foster, to the EU 27. 40 billion is what the UK will pay when it finally leaves, which means current payments continue until the end of the transitional period when the UK finally leaves. Its the words finally leaves that are important as no one actually knows when that will be.

1 Like

If ever.

1 Like

New sweet treat for Xmas - Brexit Obfuscation Fudge: no limit on quantity for export

What is quite remarkable is the way the bexiteers are talking up this deal and May’s achievement.
She could have agreed this yonks ago without wasting all those months of prevarication and business concerns.
Hailing her as the hero of the hour is just so wrong; she’s so incompetent and from what I have learnt elsewhere, the deal was drafted by the EU, not May at all. She just agreed it within minutes of arriving in Brussels this morning.

2 Likes

Are you sure? This doesn’t seem like a happy bunny,

I like the bit from that nice Mr Rabb about how the EU will get no cash if there’s no final deal. May has already agreed to pay the cash deal or no deal. This all reminds me a little of Blazing Saddle’s.

2 Likes

Sorry David. When I said ‘brexiteers’ I was referring to those in her
own party not has-been’s like Faridge.

Maybe he is pee’d off that his £75k pension isn’t ring-fenced
sufficiently to his liking?

1 Like

The phrase I’ve heard most today is - nothings agreed until it’s all agreed.

till the ink is dry I am listening to nothing

Yes Harry, but will she use washable blue to sign the deal over…

1 Like

May agreed a document with enough ambiguity that everyone could sign up to it despite differing viewpoints on how it should work.

In the sense that it was intended to keep everyone happy and allow us to move on to the next stage it succeeded.

However, even apart from the fact that once we do progress to the next phase these differing viewpoints need to be reconciled into something practical we have David bloody Davis on Andrew Marr this morning claiming none of it was binding anyway.

I’m sure that will impress the EU, the Irish and the DUP.

2 Likes

Anna has already posted this link in another thread but I see that my last comment above was, indeed, true - at least as far as the EU goes.

1 Like

idiot !! (Not you, Paul :)).

Its horrible, as I want my birth country to be successful, but with idiots like that in Gov, (Boris & Gove) we are all doomed :frowning:

Martin

1 Like