Measles. The deniers wishes are coming true!

My colleague sister contract measles at 25 years old in Germany last year. Been saved in extremis from a encephalitis. After few weeks, she’s been transfered from Berlin by helicopter to Nantes, because she couldn’t do the journey by any other transport due to her condition. She spent another few weeks in a reeducation center in Nantes. She’s out now, but still got memory damage. Not funny at all…

And my heart goes out to your colleague’s sister and her family…that must have been a frightening ordeal…with all my best wishes for a full recovery…:heart:

1 Like

I think the USA particularly has been far too heavy handed verging on tyrannical in rolling out their mandatory vaccination programme…

Australia too is verging on tyranny…(incidentally I’m surprised more Aussies aren’t up in arms about the prospect of their FIFTH unelected “leader”…)

I only have one granddaughter so far (and three grandsons…) I know for a fact my daughters will never give consent for any of them to receive gardasil…

USA vaccine schedule…

That’s a pity, I’ve seen young women die of metastatic cervical cancer, and it isn’t pretty.

3 Likes

How do you feel about the diphtheria/polio/tetanus vaccine, Helen?

Contrary to how I might come across I’m not an “anti-vaxxer” nor a “vaccine denier”…I had the childhood vaccines recommended in the early 60s and none since…I’m not against a minimal vaccination programme including dtap taking into consideration the health of each individual child and circulating maternal antibodies…I am against mandatory vaccination programmes…and the more that are added to a mandatory schedule the more I would be inclined to support mothers and parents who are asking questions…The UK so far has no mandatory requirements only intense pressure from health visitors etc…I support my daughters rights to ask and to question and to make their decisions based on fully informed consent…

1 Like

We’re singing from the same score, then! :relaxed:

I certainly think protecting your children is paramount!
That’s why mine were protected, the odds being vastly on the side of being vaccinated. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It was a different era Bill…a whole lot of difference between the 50s and the 60s and then the vaccines given to your kids and then my kids…

If I were pregnant now I’d certainly not give my consent to any vaccines during pregnancy…and it would take me a whole lot of sitting down with a doctor before making a decision to vaccinate…which vaccines…timing…whether single vaccines are available…which vaccines to exclude from my child’s vaccination programme growing up etc…x :slight_smile:

Paul, your final line is exactly where the problem lies.
If it what you say is definitly the case, then we are in complete agreement, however I fear it is not.
regards
geoff

For instance I would not be consenting to this one…

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(18)30467-5/fulltext?dgcid=raven_jbs_etoc_email

Bill, indeed, as you say ‘protecting your children is paramounrt’. Nobody will argue that. Do you really think that those of us who question the making mandatory of vaccines actually do not berlieve that ‘protecting our children is paramount’?
Can you really imagin that we are taking this view because we want to put our children at risk?
Quite the contrary. Unlike many others who are pontificating, it is WE who have taken the time and made the effort to research properly this subject, instead of simply regurgitating the mantras consistently put out by those with vested interests. It is impossible to prove, but I am sure in my heart that of the two camps (for & against) only one has made the very demanding effort to properly research this topic.
regards
geoff

Are you able to provide some evidence for that view?

As I said earlier Geoff, I am al for freedom of choice, just made my views clear, a lot of the ‘anties opinions’ sound to me, like many of the other ‘conspiracy stories though’ :thinking:

yes Paul. It is called ‘taking time to do the research’.
It is all out there to be found.
I would ask for all concerned to honestly ask themselves how much effort they have actually put in to get themselves fully informed.
regards
geoff

so we are agreed, Bill.
We are both for freedom of choice.
regards
geoff

1 Like

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

My guide, as ‘a non medical person’, has been to accept the opinion of, the Vast Majority of the Prof’ Medical Community, who advise vaccination, seems a bit silly to ignore those, who I can only assume, know more about the subject than wott I does. :slightly_smiling_face:

Request under the FOI act - vaccine damage payments

Thank you for your request of 23 February 2017 under the Freedom of
Information Act (2000). Your exact request was:

“Please could you give me the following information:-
1) How many claims for Vaccine Damage Compensation have been
made in the last 10 years?

2) How many of these claims were successful?”

I can confirm that the Department holds the information you requested.

I would like to clarify that the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme (VDPS) is
not a compensation scheme, and was never intended by Parliament to be
such. It provides a one off, tax-free, lump sum payment of £120,000 for those
who are severely disabled as a result of a vaccination against those diseases
listed in the Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979 and those diseases that
have been specified since 1979 by statutory instrument.

From 2007/08 to 31 January 2017, there have been a total of 759 claims and
11 awards made. It should be noted that an award might be made in a
different year to that which the claim was made.

2 Likes

So help everyone to do so by providing some information - it obviously concerns you that we are all so ignorant, perhaps you should actually provide some sources for us to look at rather than vague handwaving (which counts for nothing, to be frank).

3 Likes