Measles. The deniers wishes are coming true!

That’s quite an interesting number.

I couldn’t quickly find a figure for the number of vaccinations carried out per year but it’s easy to derive a rough estimate - birth rates are approx 770,000 per year and each child is vaccinated 7 times when boosters are included (8 for girls) - assuming 85% coverage that is very roughly 4 and a half million vaccinations per year or 45 million over 10 years.

And only 759 people thought  that vaccination had harmed them or their children.

1 Like

yes Bill, we certainly should consider their opinions - and combine them with the opinions of others who have no vested interests other than the safety of our children.
regards
geoff

the thing is Paul, we can all show each other figures picked out to verify our case, or point people in the direection of you tube videos which do the same; I don’t think this helps. This is a very complicated subject (as I found out spending all the time I have researching it) and the way it works for me is to look at the information I can find, and personally reach a conclusion in general terms.
One of the overwhelming factors being ‘follow the money’ - looking at the information provided by those with a vested interest with great suspicion.
If you want specific figures for specific aspects, I am sure they can easily be found - both to support and to decry the topic in question.
I can only repeat that I firmly believe that people fall into two main camps - those who have taken the time to research this, and those who have not.
regards
geoff

I think the safety of children is ‘pretty high’ on the list of Doctors priorities Geoff. What other “vested interests” would they have :thinking:

1955 Polio vaccine became available… like so many other folk, my parents chose to take the opportunity to safeguard their four children.

I do not remember having the jab… but I do remember being kept in isolation, with Mum making an unusual fuss of me…and the Doc visiting and poking and prodding my legs. Seems I had had a bad/mild reaction … which, thankfully, only left me with a weakness in my leg muscles… and ballet lessons were recommended. By the time I was 10, I was sprinting everywhere and have been on the go ever since.

I’m glad my parents took the opportunity/risk … if not, my life might have been very different.

In those far off days, there were unvaccinated children who contracted full-blown polio… their stories did not have such a happy ending…

4 Likes

Yes Paul, did a rough estimate myself - I’m sure yours is a lot more accurate though. Much, much lower incidence of claims than I’d expected really.

1 Like

When I was about 7 I was in hospital next to a boy the same age as me. He had polio. Strangely it’s something I’ve always remembered.

2 Likes

That seems self evident given that there are basically two camps into which one can fall.

My problem is that there are quite a lot of anti-vaccination sites on the 'net which, to put it mildly, are selling bunkum. I have shown how the claim that there have been 106 deaths due to the measles vaccine does not hold water and Chris’s figures show just how few people in the UK think that they have enough of a claim to try to get compensation (and even fewer of those upheld).

There really is little credible evidence that vaccination is doing widespread harm.

3 Likes

An objective look at vaccine dangers…

I’ve known more than one person who contracted polio Stella, one was my GP (and a sailing friend) in Whitehaven, who, when on night call, was often known to have to visit patients, who were upstairs, ‘with a cold for example’, on His hands and knees, to get up there, a couragous, dedicated Man, Jack was :heart:

1 Like

Objective?

Vaccinepapers.org is not ideologically opposed to all vaccines, but we are unaware of any specific vaccine that has an acceptable level of proven safety, especially for infants, and especially if it contains aluminum adjuvant. However, some vaccines may be worth the risk for some people in some situations. The risk of a vaccine depends greatly on the adjuvant (type and amount), the type and magnitude of immune activation it stimulates, the presence of other substances (e.g. antigens with allergenic potential), and the susceptibilities and health history of the recipient. There is not nearly enough science available to accurately estimate these contributors to risk.

However, we do not make recommendations regarding specific vaccines. We urge careful consideration of the risk of serious and permanent harm, including disabling brain injury, long-term immune disorders and death. Determining which vaccines, if any, are worth the risk is a decision left to the reader.

2 Likes

Vaccines have saved millions of lives and prevented millions of people from living with horrendous disabilities from illnesses like polio. The scaremongering in documents such as this is dangerous. Objective? I think not! Not surprised they don’t want to put their names to this!

4 Likes

However, I can see that if a child is already ill… a vaccine might not be appropriate at that time… better to wait a little, perhaps, until the child is back to full health… :thinking:

and that goes for more or less any medical whatsit… for kids and adults… common sense in my view… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Re Polio…Something I have always remembered (and just found again on Google) is the plastic pineapple which some kind person gave us…it contained pineapple flavouring/syrup. I had to drink a pint of milk a day… for weeks… and hated the taste… the pineapple syrup was a delight…

3 Likes

It is impossible to deny the benefits of vaccination. See here.

1 Like

There are too many people in the world, some of them chooosing to refuse vaccinations may be a partial solution.

1 Like

There are many articles on the website…I’ve not read all of them as I only came across it today…I like the way he/she/they present the analysis of many different research papers…I read the VP analysis of Dr Exely’s recent study on the brain tissues of autistic people and the high aluminium content and where it was found…(Dr Exley isn’t an “anti-vaxxer” either…although some have tried to portray him as such) and also how when thimerosol (Mercury) was taken out of vaccines (still in the MMR) autism rates were expected to drop but they didn’t…they continued to rise and continue to do so…

I’m not sure if you have posted a link to this website previously, never mind as there is some discussion of a very recent paper so lets have a quick think about that.

They quote this paper regarding a small study looking at vaccination and evidence of aluminium in hair and blood and concluding that there was no correlation with Al exposure from vaccines.

I would agree that this is a weak paper - not least because of the tiny number of subjects but also because of the lack of much in the way of long term follow-up - pretty much everything VaccinePapers say about this study I agree with.

But hang on a mo, VaccinePapers don’t like it much for the additional reason that they say “of course no correlation was found, the Al that is problematic is insoluble and taken up by macrophages and so “hidden” from the tests that you are doing; that Al is then moved around the body by the macrophages to places it is going to cause problems such as the brain”.

Alright , chronic exposure to Al causes toxicity, most famously noted in patients on dialysis. There has also been some concern that current exposure to Al in the environment might be linked to Alzheimer’s but there’s no proven  link at present. So far mostly so non-controversial.

Al is included as insoluble salts in vaccines - in fact it is easy to get a list of vaccines commonly in use in the UK and find out how much Al is present.

Here’s the source: http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vaccine-ingredients

And here’s the list.

But hang on a second longer - the largest single dose is 0.82mg, even if all vaccinations contained that much (and we see from the list most do not) that is a total dose of around 7mg in your lifetime

Is that significant?

Well, this paper from the Rroyal Society of Chemistry discusses our exposure to Aluminium on a daily basis which suggests that exposure in the 20-30mg range per day is plausible (of which absorption estimates vary but perhaps around 10%).

Please tell me how the brain knows to be poisoned by the (at most) 7mg in childhood vaccinations but not by the much larger quantity we encounter each day.

5 Likes

Because there is a difference between ingested aluminium and injected aluminium…???

Either way I think these braindamaged profoundly autistic children and their parents are worthy of debate and discussion so they don’t get swept under the carpet like they don’t exist…

1 Like

They do, of course :heart:

1 Like