Medical Assistance

(Anne D'Alton) #1

One thing that is needed when you come to France is your medical cover. In the main, this is covered by the CPAM (via the E121) who issue with a Carte Vitale. You will also require a "top-up" which is issued by a Mutuelle. However, we have seen quite horrendous quotes from non-french companies quoting for this top-up when in fact, a French company will quote about half the cost for similar cover!

Having been the beneficiaries of the French medical (including hospitalisation and surgery) and dental systems - including crowns and root canal work - we cannot fault it.

Knowing that this particular part of one's life is looked after for a very moderate monthly fee, is a real benefit of living in this country.

Our health in fact is top-class, thanks to the level of medical care we receive. Our hospitalisation was due to (a) a double hernia (caused when my husband tried to lift his heavy motorbike) and a broken foot (mine) due to a fall I had as a teenager..... Other than that, the doctor calls us the "teenagers" when we come for our routine 6 monthly check-up.

To all our compatriots who live in France or who are about to embark on a new life in this attractive country, it is a good life here!

Kind regards,

ANNE http://www.welcome2brittany.com

(Anne D'Alton) #2

Dear Jake, no I have no connections with any health care system - other than being a
beneficiary of the French Health system. I am in fact an Artist with a back-ground in
Architecture and Interior Design.

Regards,

ANNE.

(Amarad Claudio Jake) #3

Hi, Anne !
Are you working in healthcare?
I have 50 sq.meeters, a Medical Cabinet in Peyriac Minervois for Rent or sale. If you know someone interested to start a private medical business,its a great opportunity to get this central location space.
Sincerely
Amarad Claudio Jake
usaeuroarts@yahoo.com