Men and women

Would it be a "delicate" question if i asked you what is the difference between men and women for you dear SFN members?

Tried to write in prose

How to Treat a Woman

Never try to

Compete with her

Always always ask

How she is coping

Also remember

These things

She is usually

Weaker than you

She feels pain

Easier than you

Both in the mind

And the body

A woman needs

To be loved

And to be shown

That she is loved

When she thinks

That she has lost

Her style and looks

And feels down

Remind her that you

Still think she is beautiful

Because in all reality

You probably do…

Gosh someone has a chip on their shoulder!!

I couldn't have put it better. Bravo that's exactly how life is for me to. However men do usually have the final say, which is usually "yes dear".

Steve

Men are always wrong even when they are right. Women are always right even when they are wrong.

Each has a role to play, whether one likes it or not, and yes Conrad, it would appear that these roles are a little more accepted here, leading to less bickering.

This all depends upon your viewpoint. What is properly?

Women provide the children for men to play at wars with their ultimate boys’ toys!

Madam? ....you mean "The Boss"! Many Happies to you too.

Have a look at: http://baetzler.de/humor/differences_men_women.html

Well, it does happen to be true.

Ow, difficult. I am very much influenced by feminist writers, particularly feminist anthropologists. Some well know feminists have been friends, indeed our professor of social anthropology in Cambridge now, Henrietta Moore, is a good mate. I aspire to much many of them say and tell us about ourselves as men, but I also let myself down and, clearly, women with what I intend but do not always achieve. Psychologically, I wish I was as strong as many women.

Physically, well we know all of that, so skip it.

Firstly let me apologise, and explain, for resurrecting a 12 year old thread.
I did put foward a catchy title for a new thread and was directed towards this one and thought it would do as well.

For as long as I can remember, and that is a long time, normally only short term memory is at fault these days, I have heard complaints from the female of the species about men going for a pee and leaving the toilet seat up.

As someone who always without fail never leaves a toilet without replacing both the seat and the lid, I have experienced a certain amount of irritation in this matter.

As many of you know we have around 25 visits by, overwhelmingly, women to our house every week. Almost all of them have to visit our toilet for one reason or another, either for personal relief or with their duties here.

Out of those 25, only 1 replaces the seat and lid. :astonished: And she is the one who puts blue stuff down it every Wednesday afternoon, so probably thinks it is all part of the service.

Why on earth would they, on finding a toilet completely shut, not leave it the same way 2 minutes later?

I asked Annabel, one of the English ones and her answer was ‘women never put seats and lids down’,
Is she right, and if so, why? Totally baffles me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

On a similar theme. All our regular visitors know we have a dog and, faced with a closed gate on entry, always close it behind them. Except once, a lady locum doctor, left it open and the dog would have been gone if I hadn’t spotted it first

I have always been taught to close things I find closed on arrival, is this not the thing anymore?

1 Like

You are not alone… I hate to see the “lid up”… and, as OH will confirm… I’m definitely a woman… :wink:
and as for closing gates… I hate seeing someone open, then just wander through without a thought… aaargh.

I just asked Christelle, who comes to clean every Wednesday afternoon, why she is the only one of all the others to close the lid and she is a mystified as me and say she always does it wherever she is and it is not because she services it here.

Farm gates - it’s transparently obvious why they should be left as found.

Toilets - everyone has their preference, so if the lid is down and I want it up I just put it up. Ditto the seat. It doesn’t matter how it’s left from a practical POV, though I might put it down if I lived with someone who really cared.

Right now I’m in one of the disabled toilets because there’s space and places to put things. There IS NO LID for this toilet, and it’s just fine.

1 Like

Don’t get me started on hanging the toilet paper roll the wrong way!

4 Likes

I always, without fail, put both the seat and lid down after use.

1 Like

You can come to my house anytime.

No such dilemmas here!

4 Likes