Meteo: January 2019 and Gabriel's arrival

:smile: Love that Pete. Cattila the Hun. Going to have to use it!!!

3 Likes

No snow coming here. Just dull, grey and cold.

I still do that for my hometown in uk Mandy…check weather and temperature here in Morbihan and next minute check my hometown weather and temperature…every morning now my mom in uk asks me what the temperature in Leicestershire is…xxx

1 Like

We’re we’re :relaxed, in the warm… and I’m singing along … “snow is falling all around me”… (what did happen to Shakin’ Stevens ?)

We’re supposed to have Gym tomorrow… :thinking::zipper_mouth_face::roll_eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCBE1_KkFLo

Aghhhhhh, it’s snowing, and settling, here and its bleak ! :nauseated_face:

Good job my heating oil arrived this morning, at least if I can’t get out I should be able to keep the house warm for mum and the cat! :cat: :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

No doubt they prefer to cuddle down in there Mandy, possibly until Spring, and no doubt your mum’s dog prefers they stay there too :wink:

They will soon put their pawprints on their new abode, as long as they are eating and drinking they will be fine.
:hugs:xx

2 Likes

I hope nobody wants a Bus… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

122 bus routes have been disrupted…

What’s a bus?

Snowing here too, don’t have the luxury of central heating, but I’ve got the wood shed filled :grin:

1 Like

I can hardly believe it… but my neighbour has managed to get his little van started… much revving and whirrrrring… and he has just driven past my window… so I could clearly see just how little he can clearly see.

Stupid lad has only a small patch clear on the windscreen and everything else is thick with snow… he even opened his door to check how close he was to my wall… rather than wind down his window (thick with snow) … I shall be relieved to hear/see him come home safely from wherever…

(what is the French word for “plonker”?) :thinking:

Had news from Mrs Wozza, it been snowing in Paris since this morning & I have plenty of it here in Burgundy. I think it’s Gr8 being able to work from home seeing it snowing outside then looking at a nice log fire.

2 Likes

Con?

1 Like

Now then, Paul… steady on… I know that that particular word is absolutely forbidden for me to use… my pals at the Mairie have made that quite clear… after I queried what one of them had said… :zipper_mouth_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking:

Plonker… comes from Del Boy’s lips… and is quite acceptable, when you recall Rodney… and others… :joy:

1 Like

Maybe just introduce the word plonker to the French then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, yes, I remember that conversation now. :slight_smile:

As I said - time to introduce “plonker” into the French vocabulary. If it ain’t broke, after all…

I reckon you are right… Plonker covers a multitude of “sins”… when used by Del Boy… and it would be fun to hear my neighbours using it… in whatever circumstances they choose.

I’ve already got them in hysterics with …“Big Boy” :rofl:

I use nigaud with great success ! :wink:

1 Like

I think it will work well with a French accent!

Plonqueur!

1 Like

Years ago I read an article in a skiing magazine by someone who thought that he had been called a plonker by his guide. He sulked all day until it was pointed out that in fact the word had been plongeur. Apparently they were glacier skiing and had been taken high up by helicopter. The journalist when exiting the helicopter had fallen head first into the snow. Hopefully the French guide learned that, in fact, plonker was the better word.

2 Likes

No snow here in Morbihan 56…when the sun breaks though it’s actually quite warm outside…having said that my internet and phone went down this morning…I reported the fault to orange France and they tested my line…first they said it would be sorted by the 25th then another text said there’s a problem with the network and it might be the 28th before it’s sorted…

I was just in the middle of sorting my mom in uk’s weekly online grocery shop…first time in a long time I have had to switch on data roaming…x :slight_smile:

Had snow on and off throughout the day in Lancashire. It hasn’t really stuck yet though

1 Like