Meteo: January 2019 and Gabriel's arrival

My son sent me a photo of the snow falling…from the cab of his Hgv at his depot in Leicestershire…thankfully it hasn’t settled there yet either…but as he travels all over the U.K. I cant help but worry slightly and am always so relieved to hear from him when he gets back home safely…

2 Likes

This is this morning in South 23

6 Likes

This afternoon in Burgundy :snowflake:

5 Likes

Same in my part of Burgundy 3" of snow. Nice & toasty in the house though.

1 Like

Yellow skys towards sundown here today and brief appearances of rainbows out front and outback…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am on the borders of North 23 and we have the same with a bitterly cold wind. Time to hibernate, wake me when Spring arrives ! :sleeping:

2 Likes

Looks positively tropical there Helen :palm_tree::palm_tree:

1 Like

360 degrees pink and purple skies this morning…x :slight_smile:

Time lapse approx 30 minutes to 1 hour

2 Likes

Nice. Hope what they say about red skies in the morning & shepherds didn’t apply.

1 Like

I’m not making a lot of sense of the weather currently Wozza…red sky in the morning shepherds warning…red sky at night shepherds delight…my favourite Scots uncle used to say that if there was enough blue in the sky to make a pair of sailors trousers then it would be a good day…:grinning:

I’m looking at the skies currently…both at night and early morning as I’m always outside at those times with my Collies and it all seems “off”…familiar star constellations…light sources…this morning seemed surreal as the pink and purple sky was everywhere…north south east and west…360 degrees…

I dunno…maybe I’ve not been here long enough to settle and became desensitised to being awestruck…not been here long enough to settle and not be fascinated by what I see…x :smile:

Beautiful black velvety sky this morning as I drove off to work, haze of ice around the moon and sharp crystalline stars…

1 Like

the skies are magnificent here in France… night and day…

1 Like

**Re: “what’s the French for plonker”? **

According to my Harrap’s Dictionnaire d’Argot plonker translates as (a) [person] andouille (f) courge (f) truffe (f) (b) [penis] quequette (f) zizi (m)

Please feel free to consult me about any other slang/argot terms, however daring or far-out they may be. And you’d be tickled pink, believe me. It’s a real plumber’s crack of a book. I wouldn’t part with it for a (insert your own filth here) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Snow, snow and more blasted snow… couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked out. Today was meant to be just rain and I had a busy day planned… now I am confined to barracks!

Is everyone else OK ??

Another big dump last night here too :fearful:, (and it snowed a lot)

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m worried that I might be forced to do some housework … to keep occupied… :roll_eyes:

Not my photo, sadly… but it caught my eye in today’s press…and it looks just like that where I live…

2 Likes

You mentioned a new camera a while ago Stella. Are you still wading through the War and Peace sized manual?

I’ve taken some photos… very basic indoor stuff…to “have a go”… I’ve yet to master outdoor scenes… but I will get there… :thinking: