"Micro" camping car/van

That’s interesting, Alec. Did you fix it up inside so you could sleep etc or did you get one of those conversion kits?

I only had the advantage of the small mattress sections scavenged from a very small pop-up caravan. They could be used as an in-board settee or a double bed. Unless you’re over 6ft it works fine.

I also had the option of a stove, sink top and even full size folding table from the same source but decided it was too much trouble. I took a small Pound Shop folding chair and folding table instead. I decided it was not worth cooking and relied on takeaway meals, and a car cigarette lighter powered immersion heater / kettle for hot cups of water / tea / coffee.

I trawled the many Postie Van conversions on You Tube and decided my Spartan idea was less costly / trouble, specially since my Postie Van normally doubles for carting building materials for my house renovations

In the UK, (where I travelled widely for a couple of weeks in 2017), where the opportunity arose I hung out in YHA hostels for evening meals and company then decamped to the Postie Van for the night. (Don’t tell anyone).

I also took aboard my full size folding bike which I chained outside to my car bumper at night. Necessity the mother of invention!

Next time I’d probably take one of those rooftop luggage ‘coffins’ to store stuff instead of the nightly sort-out

Not always the most thrilling way to travel, albeit the cheapest…!

1 Like

Fantastic; I love it! I’ll have a think about taking some of your ideas on board, so to speak! Really appreciate your info; thank you.

You may find some useful info on theses sites
https://classifiedcampers.com/

1 Like

Thank you very much, Warren;