Monarchy vs Republic in the UK

Who the fook do you think you are telling me what I don’t see or don’t know! You know nothing about my life or what I’ve experienced yet you are happy to criticise me and everyone else because they don’t share your view of life.

Ever tried sleeping in your car or on someone’s floor because you don’t feel comfortable being in your family home? Yeah course you have.

2 Likes

I think Tim does see what happens to the vulnerable and has experienced homelessness and sofa surfing…but the monarchy are probably not the best people to be directing our anger at…I’d say it’s shame on the local council…shame on the government…shame on the police for even obeying the orders to remove the homeless…Yep I know there are probably plenty of people who will disagree with me about the police but they are turning into a bunch of militarised thugs…not all…but in my time yes I have been on the receiving end of inhumane dehumanising treatment by a grotesque foursome of women who thought their uniforms and pliers and latex gloves placed them above me whilst I was adamant about reserving my rights as a human being…

Language Tim, naughty :slightly_frowning_face:

My Sister was a Chief Inspector of Police, certainly not a thug. :slightly_smiling_face:

Get it right Bill, it was ‘Language Timothy’.

1 Like

Thought that would tempt a 'spell checker out of the woodwork’Tim :wink:

I did say not all…but there are definitely some who have zero compassion…I would hope that the plier wielding instigator I am talking about has been duly sacked and is getting a taste of her own medicine…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats true Helen, sorry!

1 Like

Bill…if I were talking about people who were capable of physically harming another human being then I could maybe catch their drift…but I’m not…I’m talking about decent human beings (including me) who are not capable of physically harming another human being…what these abhorrations in uniform seem to totally forget is that they are just people too…Maybe when placed in these situations it’s easier to submit…yes sir no sir three bags full sir lay down and think of England…but if you’re not raised that way and you truly care about the people…all people…then standing up for not only your own human rights as a non violent human being… but the rights of all human beings as non violent beings becomes an obligatory act…??? I could have maybe made the situation a lot less volatile by compliance…but I’m not built that way…it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life…standing up for my family…but I’d not change it as it made me even more determined to stand up for the human rights of all people the world over…,

1 Like

I was seriously worried by Police once, but that was, when arrested in Buenos Aires Argentina, at time of the ‘disappeared’, if you remember that? Oddly, for me, on that particular occasion, being arrested wasn’t my fault :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m of the feeling that any gulilty until proven innocent deprivation of liberty on a wholly spurious and later proven to be unfounded basis is scary…especially when you’re subsequently released without charge but released with the bruises and the lasting scars to show they went totally overboard…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure there are good and bad in every profession.

When I worked in Gt Yarmouth a panda car used to be parked in the back passage of a council estate most afternoons depending on the watch hours. The panda was parked because the two officers would spend a couple of hours of their watch being ‘entertained’ by a lady obviously in regular distress. Strange that the panda would leave about 30 minutes before hubby returned home from work !
Nice work if you can get it…

1 Like

Yes it seems that I am alone with my ideas but that is ok.
But I have the right to say that you do not understand the situation as I see it.
As I see it the Royal family could have stopped the bad treatment of the homeless people.
If they wanted to.
Only if they wanted to.
Yes Tim you had a difficult time at some point in your life.
But it was short lived was it not. You had friends and you slept in their homes.
You were not sleeping in the doorway or Marks and Spencer?
And by the way behave yourself when addressing me there is no need to get angry.
I am alone with my ideas …or so it seems.
But there are things which I see about this subject which I am not at liberty to discuss
and these points have lead me to how I feel about the situation.

1 Like

Can I suggest that if you don’t want people to get angry you re-read what you are proposing to say before you hit ‘enter’. You have every right to express your opinion on any subject but no right to tell anyone that they don’t understand, do not see and insult them simply because their take on a situation differs from yours.

You are quite correct in that I was technically homeless only for a short time and have never been forced to sleep in shop doorways but I do understand why people find themselves living on the streets.

1 Like

Oh dear just re read what I wrote back there !
I said that you did not understand my point not that you do not understand the misery and hardship of the homeless people.
We disagree but I think that you or I do not know for sure how much power the royal family has. However they had a say in the invite list and a say in who is not invited.

1 Like

Maybe they could have spent some of their billions on nationwide street parties ?

1 Like

I’m intrigued to what the police officer was doing with the set of pliers?

1 Like

Yes possibly they could have spent some of their billions on nationwide street parties.That would have been a good way of displaying their appreciation. But banishing the homeless was very sad.

1 Like

Maybe he was a part-time dentist ?

1 Like

dancing in the moonlight;