Monarchy vs Republic in the UK

It seems the Royalists are very happy to live in a Republic.

2 Likes

this conversation is becoming a big joke jumping from one subject to another.

1 Like

Bit like Brexit (sorry​:joy:) or marmite :heart:

Mandy… "I guess you wouldn’t have to bow to them though?..

When I watch people meeting Orange Donald they all seem to wear a 150% deferential posture and forced sh*t-eating grin to take the megalomaniac’s tiny hand, and retreat shamefully a pace to let the CIC shoulder his way through the crowd, like the mad emperor Nero.

The Queen shows no such arrogance in her public persona: she has an air of graciousness that befits her symbolic status, and the deep responsibility with which she embodies it.

3 Likes

… jumping from one subject to another… :grinning:

Are you hinting at our increasing frogginess, Carol? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

are you starting to have french attitudes Peter ? No wasnt havng a go at your “eventuel” frogginess ,by the way do you eat frogs legs Peter.

yes there are a few" pickly" subjects on SF Mark

Sorry if I offended, Carol. I actually love frogs, and toads, and I would never eat any part of a frog. I am frog-friendly. And likewise I would never refer to any French person by a derogatory name. :relaxed:

1 Like

you didnt offend me at all Peter occasionnly
you didnt offend me at all Peter ,not the least… i believe in -Uk the british call the frenchies frogs. i have eaten a few cuisses de grenouilles surgeles but not any more as they are expensive zand they dont nourish you anyway. No offense so no excuse . PS i enjoy reading your posts. :roll_eyes::disappointed_relieved::yum:::relaxed:

Incredibly it was because I refused to comply with what I considered to be the lead thug’s unjustifiable demand to remove my ear-rings…So it took 3 of her minions to hold me down while the big mouthed lead bully came at me with the pliers…

Whaaaaaat???

1 Like

Truth…I’d never had any dealings with the police before that…but it’s left me with a lasting lack of trust and respect…

I guess you won’t be calling them in an emergency then.

1 Like

There’s no doubt a difference between calling the police yourself in a real emergency and someone else calling the police just because they don’t know how to handle you otherwise and you’ve had the temerity and audacity to stand up against hostile acts you totally disagree with…bringing it back to the removal of the homeless and the rights or wrongs of that then hopefully they were treated with dignity and have been given back their belongings… but I’m now also very aware of what can and does go on behind closed doors …I’m also speaking as someone who has an elderly retired from the police family member…I’m not exactly a member of the local mafia and I’m not much above 5 foot…My son once stood up for his sister …she called him when her ex partner was beating her up and trashing the house…the neighbour had meanwhile called the police and my son was the one who was arrested…I dunno…

Love this… x :slight_smile:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=521695291239207&id=100001962215061&ref=content_filter

Why are you raising this as an issue?
There is no evidence that people who live in a Republic, eg USA, France, North Korea, have any better lifestyle, freedoms or rights in a practical sense.
If you look at the recent Royal Wedding you can see that there is overwhelming support for the institution of the Monarchy. It is something that binds us together regardless of whatever wackos are in Parliament.
The real problem is that minority groups, eg cyclists, ramblers, lesbians have become too vocal and it is unfashionable to stand up for traditions.
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything…

1 Like

This discussion started on another topic and it clearly merited it’s own thread because of the views being expressed. I have no strong views either way but it has been an interesting discussion so far.

Your list of minority groups is… how shall I put it?.. interesting!!

‘Interesting’ isn’t the word I’d use Mandy!

1 Like

Emmmmmm - because it’s a discussion forum…:wink:

2 Likes

I’ve never met a rambling lesbian cyclist, do they actually exist?

2 Likes