Money transfers, Bank a/cs & Peage Tags

A HSBC account in France and the UK would be my recommendation. I have found their service excellent.

My revolut card would be perfect if it turned up. Should have got it Monday. Keep getting messages encouraging me to use it interspersed with messages saying order another card if it hasn’t arrived by today! To confound matters I had arranged for it to come to my UK address so I could bring it out with me! Now I have to explain that I want the new one delivered to a French address. That will be fun.

My revolut card turned up yay!
Now I need to change my account address but it says different charges may apply in France. Anyone know what these charges are please?

Mine arrived quickly and has worked fine in France this week. Apart from it wouldn’t work in the peage gate. Anyone know why this would be…?

Ok. I just used mine with the pin. Supposedly I can now use contactless but when I tried in Aldi it wouldn’t do it so I had to use my pin again.

Yep because Revolut or indeed any preloaded card needs a live point-of-sale link to verify funds. Péages poll their transactions.

1 Like

Over 30€ Teresa?

If you are going to use the toll roads a few times it is worth considering one of these:

Or one of these - 2€ / month additional charge only if used during the month.

Ulys / Vinci - Temps Libre

Hi Simon - is it the same as the one I listed - if so I will get one as it is cheaper.

They make using the auto routes so much simpler and quicker.

1 Like

Hi Mat - I don’t really know anything about Emovis sorry. I’ve used the
Vinci badge for a long time now - really good and it works all the way down to Barcelona for those interested. Their premium offer also offers great recovery / assistance options etc…

No. €2.80.

Have you enabled contactless in the card security section of the app?

That’s the one I use, occasionally…not any autoroutes in 23

We use Bip and Go.

Ah. No, will do. Thanks

Ooh, I didn’t know that…

Yep - Autopista A7 only

1 Like