Mortgages/Bank Loans in France 2019

Seeking to reduce the limit to 25 years…

Hi

Is there any information ( in English ) on how to apply for mortgage assistance - due to Corona virus, we have had our mortgage for 12 years and only recently moved to France where we find now we are unable to work due to CV, we are both registed as ME, but as yet not made any money - have been living of savings for the last 10 months ( and income from our Gite.

If someone could point me in the right direction to get help I would be most grateful…many thanks

ANgela

In which country is your mortgage ??? UK or France… or where ??? your post does not make that point …

12 years into the mortgage with how many years left ???

Presumably … you should contact the company asap if you are unable to pay… even though closed… contact carries on by email/telephone etc.

You have been living on savings for 10 months… so I do not know if “CV help” is going to apply to you right now… but best to ask (with fingers crossed).

There are many “coronavirus” threads on the forum at the moment… check out that category…and of course French News/Press is full of information… but no idea if it would help with a non-French mortgage… ???..

I hope someone else will chime in soon…

keep smiling…

As Stella says, you need to contact your bank, the sooner the better.
Is it a UK bank or a French bank? It would be very unusual for a French bank to have agreed a mortgage on the sole basis of projected income from a brand new micro entreprise, so I would guess a UK bank. But I imagine banks in both countries have policies in place to support people who will have problems meeting their repayments for mortgages and other loans. Hasn’t the UK government recommended they offer “mortgage holidays”?

Hi

thank you for your email, my mortgage is with BNP and we have had the mortgage for 12 years now, I have been trying to get through all day but nowhere is open.

kind regards

Angela Grzywacz

Do you have an online account? Can you make an appointment online with your conseiller? I believe my bank (CA) is offering telephone appointments - they keep sending me text messages about how they’re adapting their services to try and continue meeting customer need and I think that’s what one of the messages said.

It is Monday so not surprising it isn’t open - also there are probably restrictions because of the confinement.

1 Like

Well spotted Véro!
Days of the week have ceased to have any meaning for me…

1 Like

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated . I have just spoke to someone in the paris office who has given me the name of the head of customer services at my branch, so hopefully he will come back to me with a definitive answer.

kind regards

Angela Grzywacz

1 Like