Moving Autoentrepeneur

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice here. I have been operating my little business from my home in the Dordogne as a garagiste for a while now, having jumped through all the necessary hoops to register. Trouble is, I have just moved to a bigger property 3kms from my old one which is in the Charente! Enquiries made so far with those who help with these things seem to suggest that I would have to start again which means proving my credentials with another Dept de Metieres. This is a concern as different departments require different proof - I have a friend who is a garagiste in Charente who had to attend an interview, difficult for me as I am currently housebound! Surely there must be a way of changing my address without all this hassle?

On a similar theme, my original "recipisse de declaration" lists me as a " garagiste & achat et vente objets occasion" but my siret only lists my principle activity - garagiste. I'm about to open a small shop to sell secondhand items so my publicity will need to show my siret or siren number which only lists garagiste! Some may think that I am operating beyond my remit & honest folk will not use me although I AM legal! What do I need to do?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks, Brian, I have moved the question to that group.

Mark, I think Andrew Hearne has given brilliant advice in the past having the experience and with a move pending. Andrew is apparently very busy sorting out his move at present, which if it comes off is running a shop, so is not online too often. BUT, if you sift through the Autoentrepreneur group I think you will find all the info you need in good clear language.